Monday, January 30, 2017

It Was A Monday

I seem to be writing more to J than in this blog file (this blog file being where most words go most of the time and eventually they become entries in this or any of the 100+ blogs I started over the years). There is just less time now that I am working.

So what time is it? Time for sleep, but first, a bit of catching up on the day. I returned here earlier from work, changed, and went right back out to the supermarket to get my prescription filled. I got some food, a meatball sub from Wawa. Ate half, then to the softball fields (I went 3 for 3, but the rest of the team didn't hit well so we lost 13-10 so we have two wins and one loss on the season so far) and then, back here. I finished the meatball sub and that was dinner. The new job would not be so unpleasant if it paid enough, except the workplace is hard to believe.

Work was an amazing waste of time. The guy "supervising" me does not seem to want me to get anything done and yet he is not getting his work done because he is constantly trying to train me and then he complains that he is not getting his work done.
I still have nothing to work with.

Two full days and I still do not have a computer (a data analyst without a computer is just a stupid situation). I don't have an email address so the loan officers have no way to send me the information I need to do what I am being asked to do even if I had a computer. So they are printing out paper which means I can't help them enter the data they need to enter. We spent the entire day until 6pm trying to load the software on someone else's computer under someone else's account, which is ridiculously insecure from a data standpoint. Their CFO/CTO is in japan and no one has a clue about technology. I still can't even punch in so I don't even know how they are tracking the time they are going to pay me for.

It was worse than that. Just have to laugh.

Still hoping the more serious Safety Officer job calls this week. That office is just too dysfunctional to take seriously, which is sad, since three friends work there, including the boss. They will be very disappointed if I leave. I must not self-sacrifice.

So now I am slowly unwinding and telling my brain it does not get any more babble time tonight because I really need to get sleep. I turned on the internet and am distracting myself watching Bones on Hulu. Sometimes the familiar voices and story lines help me nod off.

Nite nite. :)

No comments: