Sunday, January 1, 2017

And Yet The Fun Never Ends

Yeah, so for all the self-pathetic bravado about rebelling against the social conventions of going out to parties and celebrations and social gatherings on New Years Eve, here I am stumbling home at this early morning (or is it mid-Morning) hour smiling and satisfied to have hung out with people for the last sixteen or more hours so what's all this about wanting to stay home and write and bah humbug the whole human race, huh? Yeah, that's right, I almost fit in, deal with it.

Thank goodness it's just almost or I'd lock myself up with a nervous breakdown or something.

So after writing a long entry about how I was happy to rebel against the status quo and stay home on New Tear's Eve, I found myself out all evening and night until just now. I headed to Curly's for his party and there were five people there, including Curly and Excel's young daughter. The Commodore and one other person rounded out the group. He said his mom was there earlier, but I got there around six o'clock so she must have stayed briefly, ate, and left. He prepared a lot of food, but that's all the people there were until I left. Four out of the five in The Bridge Group, plus one extra, not even one of the other players in the Tuesday night card group and nobody else and The Commodore said Curly posted it on Facebook as an open party. I should slap myself when I feel low about myself and my aloneness.

I ate (Curly prepared his usual, barbecued brisket and beans, mushrooms and onions, baked potatoes, sweet potato fries (a favorite for me and The Commodore), cucumber salad, and some barbecued chicken. I bought cookies for dessert and his mom baked a cake. Wish she would have stayed a bit longer, she left right after they all ate dinner and I got there just after she left. I hung out there talking all evening helping to stoke the fire (bonfire in the backyard) while Curly set off fireworks over the lake. Lots of cool fireworks. Also something called a sky lantern that was really cool. On the other hand, common sense suggests they are really dangerous. They are awesome to launch and watch though.

I skipped a party at Glinda's to conserve gas, time, and decadence and also because I knew I would see most of the people I knew who who went there at Harpo's after midnight so shortly after midnight I headed to Harpo's and hung out there playing games ntil after 8am and here we are.

I think I am ready to fall over and sleep now.

May this year be our best ever :)

Happy New Year.

Narf :)

No comments: