Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Laundry and the Internet

Four full loads washed, dried, folded, and put away. I started before 9am and finished after dark. The washer has some idiosyncrasies to work through that extend each wash load. No cold water so no rinse when choosing hot/cold or warm/cold so even the softball jerseys and other delicates went through the hot/hot cycle. I may check out the local laundromat if shrinkage is noted. I did not get the comforter to the big machine at the laundromat (so I need to go there anyway, though I am not sure it would survive a regular washing as most comforters, especially old ones, survive much better when dry cleaner), but I sprayed it (the comforter) with Lysol and since I only sleep on it with at least a t-shirt and boxer briefs on, not under it, it is sanitized as well as it can be.

The room smells good and is much better for me now. I had to bug spray last night as a roach showed up. It somehow made it all the way to the kitchen before it died. Those little buggers are developing a tolerance for the bug sprays commercially sold in this country. They will likely outlive humanity. Speaking of which, this is a possibility, though my comment brings out some obstacles on my initial thought process of the idea.

A good long term view for species survival and continued evolution. I'd love to see ideas for the practical application of artificial intelligence birthing, nurturing, educating, and developing the newborns to a point of being a self-sustainable organism. Given the knowledge we have of infants not provided with human touch and living tactile stimuli, what sort of people would these embryos become? How would individuality be accommodated? How would harmful actions be addressed in the first generation? How would sensitivity be taught? How would acceptance of other species be taught if no other species are brought along? I think the biggest challenge your idea faces is not the physics, but the psychological and biological aspects of nurturing and developing that first generation. The human ego may be the biggest obstacle of all.


Of course the guy is looking at what we know and not considering what we do not know and might discover. I like his thought processes and have viewed several of his videos this week. I've been spending a lot of time on youtube and reflecting on my journey and that is bound to influence entries. Let's give us something to talk about, aye?

There were no emails to respond to today, but one resume did go out during my job search. I thought I had an opportunity with a shopping service, but after spending time trying to get through to the sender. I responded to the text and was directed to a website that had no information about the offer in the text. I checked email and found the offer there and was directed to a website that had no information about the offer there except to say the offer did not exist at this time. I sent another text and found they were automated. I spent time searching the website to no avail. So finally I called and after waiting on hold the person answering was rude, impatient, and dismissive. She cut me off, reprimanded me for repeating myself when she did not hear me, and claimed we had a bad connection. She then said the text and email was send out to more than a thousand people by mistake, no apology. She then said she couldn't hear me and hung up. Instacart.com They offer a shopping and delivery service for Publix Supermarkets. Their service is not recommended.

I am still eating way too much pasta and calories. I am noting that here, again, to remind me that I felt better before I gained back some of the weight I lost and I must return to losing the extra weight. Focus on the health and better feeling and find will power. My mistake was having too much pasta in the house. Unfortunately, pasta is cheap. And I have it. And I am at the point where I will not be spending any money I don't absolutely have to spend and when I do, it will be the most economical expenditure possible. I want to keep my meals as cheap as possible. Eating less will help in that goal too. If any local friends read me here, this would be a good time to treat me to a meal.

I really need a shower. I think I shall clean the bathroom and shower and then lay down.

Hope your day was clean and shiny.

Narf :)

No comments: