Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Errands, Food, and just driving around

Something happened today and now, it happened yesterday so this should start more accurately with something happened yesterday and still, I suppose the point is that I did not mention it, record it, upload it, or do this thing I am doing now. I woke up in the morning, something I have been doing more often in the past month or two than I had in previous months. Preparing for an actual working life in the typical working hours. So what did I do with the day?

I did the usual internet stuff. Searching for jobs, reading, applying when feasible, watching some TV, wrote some blogs and an email, and whatever else came along. Then I headed out for a while. I kept my tire appointment at Discount Tire and had the tires put on the car. Less than thirty minutes, more than thirty dollars. More than $300, actually, but who's counting. As I mentioned yesterday, I chose the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus tires over the Michelin Pilots. Meanwhile, in Arizona, I'd have saved $38. Wish I would have seen that before I headed to get my tires. I sent the link to the franchise of Discount Tires I used since the Arizona price was with Discount Tire as well and we shall see if they contact me. I like the tires.

After that I took care of some business and shopping and just roaming around, stopping at five other places. Fedex to take care of some printing, copying, and faxing. Copied my DD214 since I might as well use the extra points it gives me for state jobs. Faxed a copy to the state, they want a copy submitted with each application. Printed a few things and mailed out the check for the late fee for my License. I probably could have bought a printer for all I've spent at Fedex this year, but no place to put one so whatever.

I stopped at Home Depot and Walmart to find a mattress storage bag so the mattress will be as protected as possible in storage. I need to find the bug sprays I have to see if I need to buy more as I like to fumigate a storage place a day before moving things into it and then spray a mattress lightly before storing it. Picked up a few $1 flashlights and another package of microfiber underwear as they work better for sports in the heat and help keep irritation and potential bacteria and fungus away.

I drove around a while talking to Harpo because I did not feel like being indoors and then stopped for food at Publix, alas, splurging again on calories. Three stuffed cabbage, a bag of bacon cheeseburger bites (on sale), and two pepperoni hot pockets. Yeah, while I am not counting I've eaten more calories in the past week and a half than I did in the prior few weeks or perhaps months. Where is my exercise partner when I need her?

I headed home, ate, and watched TV - caught up on CBS shows and explored some Hulu, and then fell asleep.

Life is so exciting, it's sometimes hard to bear. Sarcasm too.

Narf :)

No comments: