Sunday, October 16, 2016

Last Chance for Mary Jane?

The title has so much depth and idle reference and irreverence that it woule be quite amusing if I took off with it and left the world behind, but I do not seem to be heading in that direction in spite of the goodish mood and desire to play. Could be because I am feeling so far behind myself in my writing record of this life and could be I am simply bored with amusing myself all by myself and want more interaction. In any case, whatever. lol. Oh loosen up.

What was brief, now becomes dirt, drama, and details in this two-step blog process (links included for the newbees among us). Yes, I did fall asleep early last night, some time shortly after 7pm, as yesterday was an active day that started about 5am. I woke three or four times, at least twice to empty the bladder (thanks to modern medicine and the side effects of the blood pressure medication that contains a diuretic) but I did I slept most of 9 or ten hours and this morning I finished and uploaded partial entries including the babblings started last week that kind of petered out, but still amuse.

Yesterday's 5K (brisk walk with a little jog finishing in 45 minutes... pathetic for the runner in me, but second place in my age group... that is so sad on so many levels but the good news is I processed the sad and enjoyed the morning) and then walking around with Jane afterward. She treated for the 5K and for lunch (very yummy sushi) as well as getting me some cashews and multi-colored carrots. We went back to her place and ate some veggies for breakfast and then went for a walk around her mini-downtown market area (Winter Garden, in case you ever want to explore a cool little town) exploring various events (weekly farmers market, Octoberfest, and a few other activities going on) and then the lunch. Torched salmon over shrimp, cream cheese, and rice with a saffron sauce. A calorie splurge well worth it.

Between the race, breakfast, and lunch I was not a cheap date, but Jane insisted and I adore her for the consistent friendship over the years. She might have done some Yoga if I was not there, but I was not into it and so we just walked around. There was a time I was the one in better shape, but she's been running the past few years and I have not, so our fitness roles have definitely reversed. I need to use her as inspiration from afar as she lives 25-30 minutes away (she sold her house and moved into an apartment with a view of Lake Apopka last month) and knocking on the door every morning to drag me out for a run is not happening. She would if she was a walking neighbor, so I shall try to motivate myself with her in mind (she's the only running friend I've got these days... everyone else close to me is a couch potato... so stop looking for motivation and inspiration from outside, right?).

In spite of the computer issues causing lost entries, I watched the last few episodes of American Gothic on internet TV once I got back here and enjoyed the mystery and outcome in spite of the mostly soap opera feel and dark filming technique, then started to watch something else but fell asleep and rolled into bed. Waking now, the abdominal bloat is evident, weird and concerning given I am not eating a lot and eating a healthy diet. Hopefully I will have a job and health insurance before the body ends up in the hospital.

What's that? Not laughing? Well you really do need an attitude adjustment, don't you?

Nudge nudge wink wink :)

Narf :)


So how was your night? :)

LOL, narf :)

No comments: