Sunday, October 2, 2016

Much Ado About Whatever

It's been a typical day and a wonderful-ish night. By typical day I mean I fell asleep after sunrise and woke in the late afternoon. The natural noctural circadian rhythm of my biological clock takes over when I have no daytime obligations unless I resist. The part of me that has asked, since I was a very young child, can I just leave the world behind and play with my words in my room? wakes up and a gentle peace flows through me while a peaceful creativity pours out of me. Wish you were here.

Meanwhile, during the day as I slept, The phone was busy. Several texts woke me. I responded and fell back to sleep each time. Jackson texted several times because her sister and parents were in a car accident and had to go to the hospital. They are home, hurting and shaken up, but home. Someone hit them perpendicularly on the driver's side. Don't know any other details. Luckily her nieces were not in the car.

Excel and Curly texted about playing cards and other things. Curly was sick and feeling better today. Harpo called (he has a cell phone but rarely uses it) and left a message reminding me about his party tonight for Alice. I finally got up in the late afternoon and listened to more Geroge Carlin while writing.

I have bites or some sort of itchy marks on my legs again. They happen several times a year and drive me crazy for a week or few. Maybe it's diet or type two diabetes related. Maybe I have bugs in the night. Maybe bugs outside that I didn't notice. Time to break out the benadryl with lidocaine again. The fungus seems to have cleared up fine, but the fissures remain. The kidneys continue to ache now and then and stones pass every few weeks. The blood pressure is up as I cut my meds in half to try to bring my labs back into normalcy and balance the kidney damage. Life, plenty of challenges.

I showered and headed to Harpo's and even though he only lives a few miles away, halfway there I drove into a driving rain and after getting there, a major storm struck. Powerful thunder and lightning. The light went out for thirty seconds. Maybe it was Alice, the part of me willing to accept the possibility of an afterlife mused. The party was supposed to be in memory of Alice, after all.

Unfortunately, no one mentioned Alice at all except me to those who knew her. Too many people who didn't know her were there I guess. Harpo hasn't made parties in so long he apparently could not get Alice's closer friends to come out. maybe it was the weather, but he invited some people who didn't even know her, which was strange. It was an odd mix of people who had incompatible gaming preferences, but we made the best of it.

The anxiety is palatable at Harpo's place, poor thing is so high strung. He means well, but is always apologizing for something. He tries so hard. I ate way more calories than usual, though it could have been much worse. A dozen large cheese ravioli's with a little tomato sauce, not cheese toppings. Some of a peas, onions, chicken casserole. About two dozen mushrooms. About a dozen strips of assorted peppers. Six to eight mini spanakopiyas. A large piece of chocolate cake, first cake I've had in at least a month. Just water to drink.

Home now, I am not sleepy but have a long day of softball staring in four hours.

Tic, tic, tic...


No comments: