Saturday, October 29, 2016

Slow Change

Ok, so I am heading to The Maharaja's place to get the key tonight so I can check the place out and then start transitioning to stay there over the next four days. Everything will be out of here by next Wednesday as that is the day I rented the truck. Hopefully the couple in the apartment next door who use the driveway on the other side of the fence in front of this place will be out by then as they are moving out. If they are out, I'll be able to back the truck up to the fence and have the best/shortest path to load the truck. Otherwise it will be more challenging as the mulch makes pulling or pushing a handtruck loaded with heavy boxes. Think positive, it's just a day of heaving lifting and moving. Back, please don't fail me, aye?

Yes, I mean my physical body. My concern is that I will not be able to move everything. At least I have help from LoneWolf for Wednesday when I have the truck. I am sad that the team of Jackson and me no longer exists. She chooses to depend on others for major changes like moves and transportation to airports and so on. Alas, sad to see a self-proclaimed BFF drift away, but I guess that is what she needs as she says she was too dependent or co-dependent on me, whatever that may mean. I've never actually depended on anyone for anything too much, so I don't have a personal experience understanding of the concept of co-dependency that becomes some sort of intrusion or obstacle to a happy independent life. All I've ever known, from earliest childhood, is an independent life and I usually choose to be happy.

Just getting home from The Maharajah's place and finally getting to see the room and space. I can easily bring my desk chair, but I'll need to talk to him about bringing the recliner as he has a lot of stuff in that room that will need to be moved around if it can't go somewhere else. There is plenty of space, outside and inside, so I will need to talk to The Maharaja about where I can put stuff if I do stay more than a month. The place was a whole lot cleaner than it was last time I was there, which was a very good sign, but the strong mold-mildew odor was striking which does not bode well for my becoming a long-term roommate as I am very prone to fungus infections due to my Type 2 Diabetes.

Nothing is perfect and a free place to stay for a month is better than my car, probably (if I don't get sick or infected, that is). I did not find a washer or dryer, so it is either in an outside shed or he doesn't have them. Either way, the odds of even more mold is very high. So I shall need to maintain a supply of anti-fungal cream and figure out how to clean my space and stuff without disturbing his sense of smell or anything else. So I guess I don't want to store much there and I'll take it day by day.

So I now sit here munching on carrots and watching science drama while, on my laptop screen, I have a live recap of the fourth game of the World Series scrolling pitch-by-pitch. Unfortunately, the Cubs best hitters are getting shut down again, at least so far. Hope continues to be all a Cubs fan has at the moment. So like the last time I had a stake in strongly wanting one particular team to win the World Series (it's been many years), I just keep hoping and telling myself to just keep believing they can do it. Javier Baez blew it last night and it not winning me over tonight either. He again, like last night, swung at three balls and struck out with a man on first.

And then, as I am watching a show and keeping track of the World Series, Microsoft takes over my computer and decides it is time to upgrade Windows 10 so I can't use my computer for a half hour. Nothing shut down right and the computer wouldn't start up right after it said it was completed and then it would not shut down right so I had to force a shut down and reboot it twice to get back here. I see Cleveland won. Microsoft decided I could not see what happened. Hating Microsoft is such an obvious and easy thing to do. At least it is still working after the latest forced update.

Just staying home is getting a little boring, though I did get some more packing done, I wrote to my heart's content, and spent no money which are all good things. While I was out checking out the Maharaja's place, I stopped for some more small storage boxes because I seem to have misplaced a dozen or more storage boxes (misplaced?... yeah, I thought the same thing... where could I have misplaced them in this tiny box of a room... a whole stack walked off). I decided not to go to any of the parties I was invited to tonight, just not in the party with a lot of people mood at the moment. Watched TV instead.

I made a hot spinach dip for dinner with a yogurt for dessert. Spinach, Velveeta, mayo, butter, thousand island dressing, and a garlic bread spice mix. Yummy. Added raw potato flour to the yogurt. Had apple wine vinegar earlier. Not ideal calorie count, but better than yesterday.

As I said in the brief blog, I am just hanging out. Waiting for the right one, as usual.

Narf :)

No comments: