Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Softball and Other Fun, Frolic, and a Few Frustrations

Another Sunday, another softball game. Two, in fact, and we won both. 15-13 in the first game and 8-7 on a walk off hit in the second game. We did not play well with the outfield dropping balls and getting beat left and right, every inning. The infield was much shakier than usual. Luckily we got clutch hits when we needed them. Barney (assistant coach, Coach was not there and sure enough we did not choke and came through in the clutch, seems to be a pattern for both of his teams... his other team won 22-1... anyway, moving along nothing to see here) moved me down to 7th in the lineup and that hurt us at first as the guy he put fourth sucked for a few at bats. He hasn't been to any practices and misses a lot of games and definitely does not play his position well (outfield), especially when rusty. He dropped a few balls that his him in the center of his glove. Did I mention a few frustrations?

We would have won both games easily without the errors. So what else is new?

I wish they would post the box scores and statistics because I love numbers and have a competitive streak, especially with myself. I don't have the patience to keep track at the fields while playing and the book doesn't seem to mean much in Coach's hands. He rarely calls out the information the book can provide on the other team and doesn't share how we did in any consistent manner. He is so spread out in this life, her doesn't give much to softball anymore. Not much we can do. Other coaches still try to win me over to join their team but there is just one I'd want to play for if I left. Not leaving the team yet though, the core really does want to win and can win big if they play at their best.

There was also other fun and some frolic, but I forget. Fatigue.

So today was a fun day in the sun watching a few games and playing two close ones. I watched most of Jackson's game and they won a close one on a walk off hit as well. I got to say hi to her for a quick minute after her game. Even got a Jackson hug (she rarely hugs, she is very protective of her personal space and uncomfortable hugging. She doesn't hang around to watch my games anymore which is sad but I understand, life is her and her girlfriend and their animals. I didn't go out afterwards to save money, not be tempted to consume calories, and rest. I woke about 4am this morning and I'm tired.

Still a much fun day. Hope your day was fun too :)

No comments: