Sunday, October 23, 2016

Looping the Loopy Loop

So now I am getting into a couple of Hulu shows. I forget the first, but it's new. Oh yeah. Chance. Watched the first two episodes and it was darkly odd. I'll try to remember to watch it as the episodes come out. Next up is 11.22.63. Stephen King, how could I not watch it. The past pushing back, well, that's a bit tough to swallow. Maybe in pront it would have come off more believable because Stephen King can make almost anything believable with his words, but on TV with King's narratives cut back to skips, well, it just takes a leap I am not sure I am ready to make. I'll give the third episode a shot and see how it goes.

I used to love to read. Used to love movies too. Used to love to share the experience, the stories, the quotes. I'd love to find friends who want to share books and movies again. One friend would be great. Someone who might want to browse and remember old film quotes could be a wonderful dinner companion if the taste was right. We can even listen, yeah (I just saved dozens, come on over... come on, come on over now or I shall taunt you, perhaps even vigorously.

Meanwhile, Go Cubbies!

So what's going on in the real world today (or what happened, since I tend to summarize in these daily blogs) and is the question rhetorical or of interest to anyone outside of my head? There's always hope (and that forever smile of knowing).


What else is going on? Finally changed the sheets and washed the mattress pad and sorted all the clothes not packed and washed clothes and went to a garden party with bikers in leather and chains and ate barbecue and cake and more and listen to music and watched youtube and watched a bunch of TV and blah blah blah blah blah. Oh right, this is the details, dirt, and drama (not necessarily in that order.

Woke up, got out of bed... not even sure I own a comb though. Music always helps me remember, even when I am not a savage beast. Life is good, sometimes, even when it is challenging. Lots of challenges these days, as if some outsode forces want me to do something, or just go away. Summarizing the days is sometimes challenging when I let a few days or more pass. A week, that can be such an empty void, sometimes. Sometimes I just want to forget everything and start over. Sometimes I don't even want to start over. Used to be that I would wake charged up with energy and all excited to bouncing into a new day of fund (even if it was not day-morning like normal schedules since I did not follow normal schedules through much of this life because this body/mind circadian rhythm is nocturnal... you may have heard me mention that before). Sometimes I just ramble on for no apparent reason. Sometimes I ramble on until I remember something. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

So today. Right, that's where we were going with this. What happened today... I took a shower and then got softball dressed. This morning was the first 50 degree morning so I broke out the long sleeve undergarments and winter softball socks and was comfy as can be. I found a flat tire when I went out to the car but it was o to drive to an air pump. Two air pumps, actually, and neither would fill the tire. Thought it might be the valve, but then I saw the nail in the side of the tire. Maybe it was there all along and 20 degree drop in temperature effected the seal around it. Maybe someone put a nail in the tire, but do I know anyone that vindictive and unpredictable? Unfortunately, the answer to that question may be yes, but let's not go there for now.

The jack that came with the car sucked, so I called road service through Geico hoping they might send a truck with an air compressor and maybe even the tools to fix the flat. They sent Pop-A-Lock. At least they said they sent them. They estimated 45 a minute wait time. I called Pop-A-Lock directly and they confirmed that they would be there in 35 minutes. After 60 minutes passed, well, you can read my meaningless complaint about poor service. I have not needed road service in almost three years and decided to it from my Geico policy and rejoined AAA. More expensive, but better benefits and unless they've changed dramatically, more reliable. Also, discounts.

I pondered the tire some more. I drove it to the BBQ Saturday and then drove home and noticed no pull to the left so it was holding air. I parked in my usual spot. Somwhow Sunday morning it was very low on air. Did I stop anywhere? I don't think so. Alas. The bad news is the tire can't be fixed and worse, they are sports rims and the cheapest tires for the car are $100 a pice and the tires I would ordinarily buy are $170 a piece and I do not like putting one new tire on a car. Two tires, $350. Or two cheap less safe terrible ride tires, $200. Sucks to be poor.

I made it to the fields. It was a good softball day. I had excellent control of my pitches in both games. We won our league game and then I pitched for the all-star game and we won that one too. I struck out more than a few batters in each game, striking out the last batter looking to end the second game.

There were a few challenges. The body was trying to pass kidney stones all through the games and they finally passed after the game. A lot of them, all red. I wonder if the red wine vinegar is contributing. More likely the red meat I are as that has caused it in the past, especially ribs. Haven't had red meat in the past two months.

Still, a good day. Closing it out with some TV as I nod off.

Narf :)

No comments: