Monday, December 5, 2016

And So It Goes

Yes, and so it goes. It is a challenging situation. I woke from a dream after Harpo handed me a whole lot of money and Sarducci could not hide his disapproval, walking out of the room which freaked out Harpo. Someone else was there, I am not sure who it was, but they left the room too and I am not sure why, but they did not express disapproval. Harpo frantically tried to reassure me and Sarducci simultaneously running back and forth from room to room that is was ok to give me the money. The money was odd. There were denominations that I never knew existed. Harpo was amused that I was amused by the odd denominations. There were a stack of $100 bills and one $1000 bill and lots of $50s and $20s and they all appeared real, but within the pile of cash there were those odd denominations that appeared real in every way except for the denominations.

It was a strange dream.

Meanwhile, back in the real world (whatever that is), the laptop hard drive is gone so I am using the Hiren Boot Drive with Mini-XP. It has been copying files from the older external drive to the newer external drive for hours so I can have two copies on two different drives of everything I was able to save from every computer I've owned since about 2007 (and there are files from Precious and jackson's computers as well, mostly music files, but also files I have not looked at because they may be private and I only copied them in order to have an archive for them if their computers ever crashed. Neither is keeping in touch with me enough to bring that up these days, but they were both long-time roommates who depended on me a lot and I backed up their files in those days when we lived together.

I copied the stuff off this laptop that jackson gave me this year in order to moved all of her stuff into a folder so the standard windows folders (My Documents, My Music, etc) would be clean and empty for me since she didn't delete much when she gave it to me. We share a naive sense of unconditional trust that we do not talk about or even acknowledge, but that is her way, to love and trust silently. I love and trust as much or even more unconditionally, though I am not nearly as silent about it (to sarcastically understate my analytical babbling ways of sharing without any negative intentions at all lol).

So I can laugh about life's traumas and tragedies and I can accept events and things and people the way they are. Even when I want something to be the opposite of the way it is and it hurts, I can accept and move on and find the humor in the exxperience. Even when it brings on some serious emotional hunger as it is doing right at this moment lol, sigh. Maybe it is time to drink some apple cider vinegar. I have not had any in at least a week, maybe two, and have not been drinking it daily the way I did before I moved in here with The Maharaja. I have not made myself comfortable in his kitchen for several reasons, a few of which are beyond my power to change, but that is just an excuse for not eating as I should so shut up and drink the bitter stuff, Yeah, self-reprimanding has been missing from the babble for a while, hasn't it?

So have you, but hey, we're not gonna lay any sort of guilt trip on you tonight, right? :P

Moving right along with babbling about the dirt, drama, and details of daily life as usual, I explored Notepad++ a bit and found one thing I was looking for, the close X for each tab. Since this software is being run of a CD in Windows Mini-XP, I can't download any plugins to get the time date or any other text features I'd like. That is one of the features I used most in the simply Notepad so I am very disappointed in microsoft (which should today be any different than any other day?) for removing it from Notepad++.

Thinking back, the last time I was without internet and actually paused from writing for more than a few days was 1995 when live was all about G and taking care of family as I was stay-home parent for a 4 year old and housekeeper for our family of seven. I had electronic communications continuously back to the very early eighties when bulletin boards (I was surprised to see they are still out there... want a brief history lesson? lol) were starting to spread across the world. My first modem was 300 baud, yes, I am old lol.

Ah, the joys of distraction, learning, and communicating with others. lam :)

Communication through written language has always been a fascinating pleasure for me from my first scribbles with crayons. Reading was an addiction from my very early years and writing became an equally powerful and much more personal addiction in my teen years. It far surpassed reading over the years, but I still love to become part of stories (and I do, deeply, especially when I can relate to a story or a character - and that is often as my imagination knows no limits), whether it is through the writen word or other audio-visual medium. I often wish I had learned much more about communications and computers when I first had the opportunity in school, but that is the past and c'est la vie.

The fact is that as much as I love to learn, I was never fond of school and the conformity it demands, so I avoided foml education as much as possible along the way.

Just so I don't forget, the Hiren's CD zip file and USB file and instructions are on the Seagate eternal drive in the Windows Tools folder. More instructions can be found here and burning to CD info can be found here. That should be enough info to burn a new CD and a new USB so I can give The Maharaja back his CD. All I need to do is get a blank CD and the right size blank USB Drive (don't wamnt to waste a big one).

I started over today (that is, the writing files and file organization) in a folder called New Docs 2017. I know it's a bit of pre-dating, but then, my "New Year's Day" has been December 1st for a long long time (one day maybe I'll recreate or find my calendar and share some of the life organizing I did and biolgraphical files I wrote before the internet. In it so far are four files. This new everyday writing file, a new "links to me" file (a table of contents to all of my uploaded writings and various other sundries), a new webnames file, and a new to do list file (the last paragraph went in that).

I looked for a way to encrypt a file, but found none that does not require a download of software and again, installation in this environment may be impossible. I must explore installation from an external drive.

And so I did...

Also in the new Windows Tools folder are four programs from this site that may help create a Windows Bootable external drive or USB. I have a 256 GB USB Drive somewhere in storage that I need to find so I can explore doing this. It is actually likely in a pocket of in one of my computer carrying bags, I am going to try the free versions, but if I was working I'd probably invest in the complete set for $65. I got the idea (with detailed instructions on how to do it) from the last comment on this site and more info here and here

Progress in learning, but the real learning (and any potential prctical success) will be when I take a deep breath and try the software. Before I do, I will make sure I back everything up on whatever drive I am using and maybe even whip it clean. The 256GB USB has never been used but probably has some software on it so I will explore how to use it when I read the details and instructions of the software.

Morning is approaching and I never did get back to sleep. Hunger is approaching as well. A distraction of TV or (or a person) would be a good thing right about now. Alas, living here without cable and with close-quarter bedrooms and now without a computer that can stream internet TV leaves me without such distractions. Food calls even louder. Healthy thoughts are growing scarcer. Laughter is growing louder as well lol lam.

Where oh where is the mind that reads all this and laughs and wants to be a part of this mad-cap adventure I loosely call my life? :)

I know you're out there somewhere (even music would help, though silence is golden when someone is sleeping just fifteen feet away behind thin doors).

So just for the fun of it, call 407-325-1482.

Narf :)

No comments: