Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Missing Day

Trying to be profound does not make one profound (though I might get close tomorrow). In this case, Life, the TV show, is interesting, has two excellent leads and a decent supporting cast, and the premise is curious and different enough to make it one of the few cop shows I will watch. I call it a cop show mostly because of one fatal omission. A complete lack of forensics at the crime scene and during the show, yet the premise is the lead character, a detective, was cleaered of murder charges by DNA evidence that was not easily tested twelve years earlier when he was sent to prison.

The lead is an odd pick, his look is way too pure and chaste and innocent for someone who was a cop and then spent 12 years beaten often in prison. The premise is he found Zen, which is plausible, however his face does not match the premise for my eyes. His eyes are small and sometimes beady while his lips are small and pursed a lot, uptight look, not a Zen look. Since he is not actually at peace, maybe that's the point if the casting directoor thought that deeply, but a know-it-all smirk comes our too often to be a favorite. There is such a thing as too much smugness. His partner is excellent in her role, street-smart innocent and wanting to trust loyalty. She has the plus of being fun eye candy.

All the illusions calm the confusions.

So I went into the kitchen for food. I took the eggplant parm out of the freezer and put it in the microwave and got inspired. I washed the dishes. I pulled shrimp out of the freezer and started defrosting them. I pulled out the spaghetti pot and put spaghetti in it. I opened two cans of mushrooms. I pulled out butter spread, cream cheese, six cheese, and mozzarella.

It was a spiral into distraction (just like tomorrow's entry, which was written in the middle of this one, therein reinforcing the relativity of time and confusing those who prefer the illusion of linear motion... shhhh, we won't tell... we may giggle though, even if it is a silent release of pleasure amidst all the pain and sorrow... it may very well be that most perceive the superficial happiness and conceive a deeper sorrow that is kept hidden from the world while it may very well be that reality is a surface of sorrow belying a deep and abiding iffervescent and sometimes irrepressible joy just to be here... you decide for yourself, as I might say again sometime tomorrow in yet another misdirecting distraction I challenge anyone to see through... I am in here, whole and happy and practically perfect kinda sorta like Mary Poppins, I just don't go waving my umbrealla around nearly as much).

Oh, the laughter we might miss. lol lam laa :)

Then, tomorrow, more alone than ever, watching two full seasons of Life, the TV show, to pass the time. It is interesting sometimes with enough eye candy and Canadian perspective to amuse me. I think it was the night before that I went into the kitchen for food and created an eggplant mushroom cheese dish over spaghetti. Last night I stopped for 7-11 pizza after cards. It was burnt. Cards went for just three hours and I played with half a brain. Seems the brain is not really present much these days. Likely I am in that waiting mode. Waiting for someone to care. Watching for a job. Waiting for a place to call home. Waiting to be put out on the street (into my car). Waiting for the money to run out (no more car). Waiting to share. Waiting to die. Waiting for someone to care. Watching internet TV, Life, life. Life.

All the illusions calm the confusions
leading to clarity
People give pity and sometimes money
calling it charity

but if they really cared
they would have really shared

Is it soup yet?


Narf :)

No comments: