Sunday, December 18, 2016

Saturday Softball Tournament

It was a charity tournament for $20 so I was glad we did not just lose two quick, but there is no real fairness in these unofficial tournaments and I am not in with the better teams that play this particular tournament circuit, so I take what I can get and was very happy someone called me to play. I went 6 for 9, which is not bad, but we finished with a 1-2 record (it was a two game elimination tournament). We won the first game big and I drove in 4 runs on 3 hits. The second game was against a team that belonged in the upper division so no one expected to win, but we were not blown out and lost 12-8. One of our players left after the first game, which did not help.

I could have pitched better in the third game, but I felt the fatigue higher than usual (thanks Anemia) and made the mistake of not eating before the second game (we played the third right after the second). I gave up three walks and three home runs in the first inning and we never recovered from that 9-0 start, though we almost did. We came back with 11 runs in the final inning and had the tying run at the plate, but she popped out. I think the final score was 24-22 or something like that.

I got there just before 8am and mostly sat around watching other people play, but that is what a small tournament is about. We were done before 3pm and I hung out to watch others play (all by myself) because I had nothing else to do and missed softball. I did know many of the players on the other teams I watched. Only a couple of people asked why I was still there, most just ignored me or nodded as they passed to go play their next games. We could have won another game, but at least we won one. I still smell of cigarettes, so it is into the showers for me and then, to bed. Sleep calls loudly, so I will finish this as part of the catch-up sessions tomorrow or whenever I catch up.

Catch-up?

What the long day in the sun reminded me of is how much I love (and the body needs) softball and exercise. This don't exert yourself routine I fell into because the doctor was so concerned about me last month has really not been good for the body and I must roll the dice, take the chance, and continue living like I was still going to live another fifty years. I've always had the philosophy that if today is my last day in this life, live it as well as I can. Do it.

Yeah, so what happened? lol lam... sigh.

Read other entries, they are much more amusing, distraction, entertaining, or some such time-consuming fun. At least they were for me. I wish someone else would have an opinion now and then, I mean, I am not the only one here. Just cuz I overwhelm you with words and it seems like there is not even a moment to slip in your ideas or opinions does not mean I will not stop dead in my tracks to listen to you.

Perhaps dead in my tracks was not the best phrase to choose at the moment.

Anyway, I hope life is fun for you wherever you are, whatever you are doing. I welcome, encourage, implore you, even, to share your views, opinions, perspectives, criticisms, love or hate (I will mock the hate though, just so you know) with me anytime, anyway, anywhere (you've got my number and mailing address and if you really want to tell me sometyhing to my face, all you need to do is read long enough to figure out where I will be at specific times because I do play softball and do a few other things rather routinely). Yes, no excuses, dare you to do it!

Now that we've been improperly introduced, good night and make tomorrow fun. :)

Narf :)

No comments: