Saturday, December 24, 2016

Your Favorite Is...

Which of the last ten entries is your favorite?

Or is it the eleventh back? Twelfth? Come on, which one?

Which of all the entries in this blog is your favorite?

Which of all the entries in all the blogs in my online written gardens is your favorite?

Yeah, so I'd like to know which entry 8is your favorite and why, yes you, every you reading this and a whole lot of yous not reading this, but let's start with you. I can't always get what I want. but maybe it I try this time (and again and again), I just might. Which entry? Why?

Long day out in the world. In the morning, I met Helen and she trated me to a breakfast at Sweet Tomatoes, the faux-healthy salad bar buffet. She's a good friend. After I dropped her off, I headed to my PO Box to pick up mail and then to my storage unit to pick up a few things. O the way, I picked up harpo after sitting and chatting with his mom and watching some food show that had us drooling over New York pastrami. I headed home after that and relaxed a bit with the internet TV, specifically Standoff on Hulu. Then it was time to head to Lonewolf and Venisa's for the annual December 24th Swedish dinner. On the way I stopped for a few things they needed and then, food and fun.

It is basically, if I have not explained clearly before, an "orphan holiday dinner" ... and ... put together every year for a group of not religious folk who don't have much family in town. It was fun to see faces and catch up with people who I don't see most of the year. Some are quite wealthy and talk about their trips to Bali and Europe and $25,000 clothes.

As usual, I renewed my crush on Kara, one of Venisa's close friends who shares 12/24 dinners each year and actually lives nearby to The Maharaja's place. Remind me to raze her about ignoring her online presence m'ok? lol (how's that for confuddlement? lol... How I love obscurity and self-mockery). It's a harmless platonic crush, in case you are wondering, but it's fun. Ah yes, how easily I could fall in love with her... someday I'll let her know (yes, self-mockery is back, aye?). Oh come on, a seriously beautiful energetic amazing person who's been to 50+ countries and lived and worked in England and Sweden and is into good things I can relate to, you'd be lucky to know her and spend a few moments with her - I know I am. I must remember to tune into her radio show this year (ever year I tell myself to, then I forget. Ah, the wonders of momentary ADD... no wonder I fail at being a proper groupie fan boy lam).

Other celebrities also entertained our hosts (and me) and the gala would not have been complete without the traditional yule log in the fireplace. Wonderful family and friends, most of whom I see just once a year (though The Maharaja made an appearance tonight as he tore himself away from his 3d printing lab to have a different kind of fun). The party-goers were fewer than usual and the night ended way earlier than it has in previous years. Could age be taking it's toll?. lol.

I am tired, it's been a long day. This entry could have been so much more fun if I was awake, but sleeping already, I'm lucky the fingers are finding the right keys to finish up and wish you a merry happy whatever you celebrate at this time of year and hope you openly and honestly accept this unconditional love and wish for peace and a wonderful life.

May all of our dreams come true.

Hug, Narf, and Nite Nite :)

No comments: