Friday, December 2, 2016

Blah News, Bad News

First thing second... Being awake all dy and all night and then some was not the way to good sense. The job interview obviously wired me and adrenaline pumped all through the night. I played chess, watched TV, wrote, danced with the devil in the pale moonlight, and finally as morning broke, gave in to hunger and ate some pizza and shrimp. That helped the sleep come and finally, after the sun was up a while, I crawled into bed. It was not my most spectacular night. Blah news is high in this week.

During the day, the phone rang at least a half dozen times. All but one were SPAM crap stupidity and I ignored all te calls even though I opened my eyes and rolled over (and in a couple of instances, went to the bathroom). When I finally woke, I found an invite to dinner at Tinman's so I called him to verify and get details. I'll bring brocolli and soda and dinner rolls. Not wise, says the budget director, but I want to get out and so, I ignore good sense.

The bad news is the sad fact that the laptop would not restart when I woke and I spent some time trying to fix it and I will need to get serious about fixing it when I get home tonight. This could be really bad news. If the laptop does not come back tonight, it could mean a several hundred dollar expense I definitely do not need at this time as I am already tapping into the emergency car payment funds which means, in simple terms, I will lose the car if I do not get a job before those funds run out.

I will not work myself up too much because I want to enjoy this evening and this laptop has come back from near death multiple times over the past six months and I will hold out hope that the same recovery will greet me when I get home tonight.

Please?

So I am off to dinner with some friends I have not seen in a while and who knows, maybe everything will be better for this. Please stay positive and enjoy your life.


Narf and then some.




Well, let's see if this works. All signs indicate that the hard drive finally failed beyond repair. I spent several hours trying every fix available and finally gave up. Then The maharaja found a boot disk and I booted into Windows 95 from the CD Boot Disk and am learning my way around, figured out how to connect to the net, and here we are. I feel like I traveled back in time and am using an older version of Opera and was able to access email and while Blogger says this is an error because this is an unsupported browser, I shall attempt to upload this entry in spite of the warnings and odd appearance.

Earlier today I slept most of the day as I was awake all night. The body and mind are not getting the rest they need and it showed in the digestive system. Tinman called and invited me for dinner so i headed up to his new house and caught up with some old friends, then we played cards (Old Maid) with his four year old daughter and then, after she went to bed, Harpo, Tinman, and I played Spades. I headed home to see if a rest would help the laptop and after several hours, accepted defeat. We come to the save by The Maharaja's Boot Disk and now, we shall push the empty box where the "Publish" button ought to be and see what happens.

Hope springs eternal, even amidst the challenges.

Narf. :)

No comments: