Thursday, December 29, 2016

I only go down...

...so that I may go up again

It has been a long time, Ashleigh (and I am still in training, old friend lol lam), but I do remember. Not every synapse between my ears has been disconnected. Some part of me is still right there with you, Mr. Brillant, and the times that were a changing as they continue through this present day. Everything changes except for the fact that everything changes.

When you live in a bubble, floating is a breeze.

Ok, so the bottoming out may not be over (and the pigging out may not be over either, but that's another story), but the emo kid sure did take off in an upward direction today, at least so far. Timing: excellent. I had a very good (excellent, from my perspective and I hope from the interviewers perspective as well) phone interview with the Seminole Country Risk Manager for the Seminole County Safety Officer job. Yes, I will interview to be a County Official, go figure. He said he'll call next week to set up an in-person interview with his boss. During the call, The Commodore texted about playing cards tonight. That's a good sign. Then I called the clinic about the colonoscopy and they said they sent me paperwork by mail. The paper they handed me said they'd call me, but it lied, so I am glad I called as I'd likely not have checked my PO box until next year at the earliest. Attitude changes perspective and perspective changes mood - much better mood now.


That's when I headed to the showers and headed out the door. It is much later now. I am bloated again. Yes, that's wright, you read this before, but it's different now. It would have been great to see you, but you moved on with your life and we are not pretending to be closer than you want us to be, a fruit and a cabbage are just not family. The neck is stiff and distracting. The primary obstacle it stress brought on by over-indulging in sensory pleasure in order to distract the mind from loneliness. How many times do we have to repeat ourselves before we get it?


So Thursday night Bridge returned to the activity list tonight (that is where I am at the time of this entry if you follow time stamps and dates and calendars and the normal world... you won't fnd me there too often, but that's ok, I probably don't want you to find me if you like living there... not offense intended, just the facts ma'am). as The Commodore texted to include me in the game. Thank you for remembering me. He had me come over earlier to play a game with his granddaughter on a board that his father made close to a hundred years ago, or maybe seventy. Time is relative, after all. Before all too, usually. Waves or particles or something beyond our knowledge, it moves around us while we move through it while it moves through us while we move around within it.


I ate a small plate of veggies and rice with a dollop of meat juice and cooked onions, a pot roast without the potatoes, though I left the meat in the pot. Just wanted some moisture and flavor. I was a fool not to bring carrots as I usually do because all four of the regulars were there, Curly, The Commodore, Excel, and Violet and all four are obese, two of them profoundly so and two approaching a dangerous size. They eat way too much and are a terrible influence on my will power and dietary regime and since I have not been foolowing the weight loss program myself, that environment is not healthy for me at all. It is also a test and I almost passed, I just forgot the healthy snacks.


Yeah, so stopped for a 7-11 pizza and big bite on the way home (and it is actually around 4am the next day, but who pays attention to time date stamps or calendars, really?... oh, just about everybody?... no wonder I don't fit into this world. Did I mention I am losing my hair?) Yeah, this juxtaposition of two completely unrelated thoughts must have it's purpose in the devil since I can't blame chocolate because I don't have any (hey, I resisted buying chocolate, m'ok). Way too much bread (the pizza, not the hair), definitely way too much bread, even when I don't eat the bread. I was hungry, emotionally and physically, though I could have just come home and gone to bed. Probably. The Taco Bell was closed at midnight (unlike the one in the suburbs open to 4am every night) and the MacDonald's almost had my business, but I remembered how dissatisfied I was last time I tried their alleged meat a year or more ago and decided to head to 7-11, the only thing open around here after 2am. It was packed as usual. They run out of food most nights. It makes no sense, but that is Downtown Orlando and the near-to-downtown communities. Nearly dead after midnight.

Games were fun, mostly. Curly seemed more interested in doing something on his phone and no one seemed to be focused on playing cards. So was Excel and Violet at times. The Commodore joked about some internet meme that said something like and invitation to a party or something so naturally I had to google it. Hey, I waited until I got home. Violet kept score and we found out she was making big mistakes, so Curly corrected the game which just happened to take 500 points off Excel and my score, but when Violet said we should correct all the games (and she was his partner during this corrected game) he laughed and said who cares, it's just a game. So why correct this one? No response. Why they let him bully his way into winning by manipulating the scores is beyond me, but I've decided I am not going to try to reason with him or anyone anymore and I just point out with one simple statement that it is not right continue playing. It was the only time he paid attention to the game all night.


I hung out to play another game with The Commodore after everybody went home. It was good to get out and play. and he is much like me in that he loves to play games.

Hope your day and night was fun too.

Narf :)

No comments: