Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Watching TV Again

I was going to name this entry It doesn't matter what we think if we do not share it (and other revealing philosophies), but I decided it was simply going in no particular direction (and it would be too long for a title in the blog world as far as I am concerned at this moment, but no worries, if I make that rule or limit, I'll be sure to break through the wall once it becomes a wall). That may or may not have anything to do with this entry, watching TV, or the price of bread in China (rice patties not included), but the thought was in the mind so it was shared because you love the idea of knowing everything (insatiable curiosity is your blessing and curse).

The end of November seemed to have almost no episodes of my watched list shows. So I looked for something to watch on Hulu and chose Twisted and it was interesting, kind of formula, until the 16th episode when the flaws stared glaring and the writers simply got stupid. That may be why they did not renew it for a second season. Seldom do I see a show flushed down the toilet in a single episode, but Episode 16 just might have done it for Twisted. For me, there are very unlikeable main characters who make wayt too many irrational and contradictory choices, often for the most superficial reasons and the hypocrisy of their constant personal judgments of each other is way too obvious to me.

Then I watched the last three episodes and finale was so convoluted it seemed to have ADHD. The last moments of the finale were so contrived and stereotypical (not quite who shot JR?... but along those lines) that without a season two (which was obviously planned), it just leaves a 19 episode show without a conclusion. Another sign of writers without forsight or imagination - not writing the season finale as if it might be a series finale is lazy writing.

I moved on to Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior and found the same unfinished cliffhanger in the 13th episodes because they did not renew it for a second season. Was Jeanine Garafolo only signed for one season? Whatever, these sort of non-endings feel like a waste of time, like a read a book with the final chapter torn out. TV doesn't get how that turns off viewers and over the course of time, viewers feel betrayed and don't want to get into shows.

The show had some serious flaws though, so I understand why is was not renewed. The biggest flaw was the chracters did not make eye contact enough when they spoke to each other. It relied way too heavily on Forrest Whitiker's "clairvoyant style" to provide details and move the story along, rather than actually act them out. I suppose that cut costs and satisfied censors, but it was too scripted and not believable at times. He also mumbles a lot and much of the dialogue was incoherent and disjointed. Poor writing can't be saved by actors and the acting was shallow and uninspiring.

The laptop popped up a message that said it needed to restart to repair drive errors. Already there are drive errors?

Windows software must abuse hard drives. I noticed that the external speakers were not working so I checked the sound properties and tried updating the drivers but that process hung so i had to stop it with the Task Manager. I had to disabble the external monitor sounf to get the speakers to work. Edge popped up to sell itself again. It really is annoying and I'd felete it from this machine if I could. If it was not so intrusive and commercialized trying to force itself on me, I'd like to try it. Microsoft just doesn't understand that people want to own the computers they buy and Windows seems to think it owns it.

Yeah, so like i was saying some time earlier, I looked for a TV show to stream primarily as a test for this new laptop, but also to amuse, entertain, and inspire me with some mental stimulation and distract me from loneliness and boredom. Moving on to The Fades, which appears to be another short lived (6 episodes) series. BBC seems to do that a lot. They seem to invest little into shows and kill off shows befre they even have a chance to develop, at least that's what I see in their Science Fiction genre. American TV is no better, Firefly is a perfect example having won an Emmy and other awards and still was cancelled after it's first season.

Anyway, the laptop testing is showing me that the stream lags at times but doesn't other time. The synch between the audio and video sucks at times, but it has been playing mostly without crashing. The Celeron processer and 2GB of RAM definitely shows it's limitations, but since I watch TV in the background (mostly listening), it's good enough for my purposes.

The good thing about getting into TV more is that it does not bring with it the painfully sad realer life drama of Facebook (Facebook brings me so much sadness because I see friends hurting and so many people I simple do not relate to or understand and it leaves me feeling so alone. It also keeps me from going out and spending money. The key is not letting loneliness lead to hunger and easting. Tonight I chose wisely, a bag of carrots.

Then, after hours and hour, the sun rose and I chosen spaghetti with my butter spread and ketchup and mayo (cuz I didn't have cheese) and some garlic and shrimp. Should have stuck with the carrots.

Narf :)

No comments: