Monday, June 6, 2016

And Then He Slept

It was about 5am when I finally fell asleep after the long Saturday of softball and games and night lights and treats and all the stresses and dreams seemed to be somewhere else as I slept and slept and slept and slept (yes, woke four times for the pee breaks and somehow remembered to take my BP meds during two of them... not sure I even opened my eyes) and didn't actually lay in bed wake until just moments ago. That would be about twenty hours of sleep in total. Longest sleep I've had in a few years, at least. The body obviously overrode the mind on this particular Sunday and it was gone. Never even saw daylight. Feels really good.

Unfortunately the bowel movement after all that sleep with minimal water and all that bread-meat food the day before opened the fissure and it is time to get some Prep-H cuz the home remedies were only a patch. Maybe later, maybe tomorrow. For now, it's clean well, eat right, and drink much water. I must shop for some food tomorrow as I only have sandwich foods in the house and need to get yogurt and a few other things too. Low cost, remember, dangit.

After that much sleep I am not hungry as the body is in hibernation mode, but I will eat something a bit later. Likely the half of Meatball Sub left over, though there is one yogurt left so I will have that first. Drink water. Also chocolate milk. Juices and fruits are just so dang expensive. Maybe it's time to explore the book banks. Sheesh, haven't been to one of those in sseventeen years. Except for the tours they gave when I was in an administrative role for the non-profit. I wonder if they will remember me. Tacts and honesty, that's all we can do.

Actually, just checking their website, I don't qualify because I am not destitute yet. Seems irrational to not help someone heading there, but I still have too much savings to qualify for free food. Besides, I'm still too fat to be asking for any free food (yes, laughter abounds when the belly is round).

So that is what happened Sunday. Sleep, sleep, and more sleep. And then more sleep.

Hope you had fun too :)


No comments: