Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The "C" Storm

Rain rained out the softball tonight which was not the worst thing because I woke around midnight and was crashing around 3pm and took a nap and when the alarm went off at 6pm I was happy to see the rainout notification on the phone so I just rolled over and fell back to sleep for another five or six hours or so.

There was a lot more to this entry in my memory so either I dreamed I wrote a long a babbly entry or I wrote a long and babbly entry and blogger or the computer ate it. Maybe I pushed the wrong button before I fell asleep. Maybe there was a power failure as it has been stormy around here. In any case, we missed a wonderful entry, no doubt.

The storm named Colin is bringing lots of rain to the area and some serious thinder is waking people up about now. This was a lazy day and an even lazier evening. Rain will sometimes do that, but I am also stagnating a bit and feeling the slide coming on (that slippery slope toward the abyss of sorrow and self-pity and all that depressive jazz. I don't take it seriously anymore because I never seem to stay there, but without the audio on the laptop there are fewer creative distractions and that is a sadness.

Maybe it will motivate me to finally get back to unpacking boxes and setting the CDs out on shelves so they are more accessible and deealing the the PTSD and sorrow that comes with unpacking alone and sorting through bozes of paper and stuff which for me are memories.

I need a good storm :)

No comments: