Friday, June 3, 2016

Yummy Lunch

Though I do see what critics say about Pickles is true, their pastrami is not as juicy as it could be and that is especially noticeable because they cut it thick. It is not fatty though, which is why but the lack of fat has a plus side. Especially lacking is that hard to chew fat that drags the meat from the sandwich because it is not easily bitten through. None of that in the Rachel sandwich I just devoured. Just not the juiciest pastrami possible (a New Yorker is rarely satisfied outside of New York and not always satisfied in New York).

Rachel sandwich (pastrami, melted swiss, saukraut) with potato salad, cole slae, assorted pickles, a potato knish, and an egg cream. Jackson had the same minus the egg cream. I got to take home hald of Jackson's food cuz she went right to a haircut appointment so I have food for later too. Fat fat fat, but oh so yummy. Keeping in touch with people in the real world seems to make me fat. I want to laugh, but it's really kind of sad.

lol...

So we spent an hour together. I asked a lot of questions catching up on her life. She seemed ok, though reached for her phone when the questions got close to sensitive areas. We didn't talk about me at all, which is probably for the best. I'm the invincible big brother figure in her life I guess, close friend who knows all her secrets and can show no flaws. I can only imagine it must be nice to have someone like that. Don't be sad, cuz two out of three... or something like that.

Back to my hot box until evening softball. Hopefully it will cool off out there by then. Summer is gere and the days are long and hot. The food was yummy. I think I feel a nap coming on. :)

No comments: