Friday, June 3, 2016

Long Day, Good Cards

Catching up with yesterday, it was a very long day with Curly helping him with all sorts of stuff. Heavy lifting and profuse sweating was part of it. We unloaded the heavy pipes and industrial fan and stuff from his trailer in the hotters part of the day. I am finding I am getting woozy from the heavy lifting work in the heat. Whether that is age, being out of shape, or the side effects of the blood pressure medications (I believe it is more the latter than anything else), it sucks to be short of breath. Being a long distance runner throughout this life, that experience/sensation is quite new to me and it seriously sucks (no pun intended) to have to be sucking in air and feeling light headed.

Adding numbers and driving around with him to places was part of it. We picked up his big riding mower, all fixed. We stopped at a couple of banks (though I didn't get to mine), stopped at a few of his buildings to see prospective tenants and talk to others. One apartment was rented, and a few other things. We had lunch at the $4.99 Pizza Hut Buffet. It sucked. Way too much bread, not enough sheese, and terrible choices in toppings. No salad bar. One peperonni pizza and one plain cheese pizza in the 40 minutes we spent there. The pies were dried out like they'd been sitting around a while even when they were brought out. The manager needs to learn a lot about food preparation, serving, and customer service. I definitely blew any chance of dropping wieght for the whole week with that one dumb move (and I've been eating 500 calories a day for several days). Sigh, I must find more will power and good sense.

After the day, we showered and headed to Excel and the Commodore's for dinner and cards. It was the best night I've had, especially the last round (16, 17, 18, and 20 points in four consecutive hands... the 18 bids always stump me because they are between 1 No Trump and 2 No Trump). Commodore just threw his cards down on the last hand, giving up. Alas, winning is far from everything and that made it much less fun, but I just played the cards dealt to me and they were great hands most of the night.

I headed home and fell asleep playing Ruzzle. I am am the leader on the second day.

So what's going on in your world? :)

No comments: