Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tearing Away

I am forcing myself to go online and tearing myself away from Facebook right now because I just woke up and do not want to do what I've been doing the past few days which is reading depressing news and reading depressing posts from so many of my Facebook friends (most of whom are local and many of whom were affected by the tragedy at the night club here because most of my Facebook friends are from the gay softball league I play in. Though that league is not playing now because there are two seasons a year and it is between seasons, many of my team and others keep in touch on Facebook. Most teams have a page and the league has a page and other leagues around the country have pages so it is a pretty big network of softball players and about 80% of them are gay/lesbian so the shooting devastated their community feeling). So I get communications regularly on Facebook that affects my actual physical life so I must check Facebook regularly if I am to keep in touch with people in this life because not everyone will text even when I tell them I don't really want to be so dependent on Facebook and really cannot access Facebook on my phone.

Tomorrow (later today) I go to the first funeral and see what I can do to help.

No comments: