Sunday, July 24, 2016

Debating the Edge

What did you expect (referencing the previous entry), it was coming from a vacuum, after all. You know, all the air sucked out of it and all. Gasping for hope and something to believe in, some reason for all the effort, some call for all these words. Meaningfulness is sometimes invisible without some appreciation or at least acknowledgement of existence. So I exist?

Do you?

That edge I refer to is the browser in Windows 10 (oh, did you really think something profound was coming? lol lam laa... shhh, it's between the lines {and words}, remember?... I know you're out there somewhere... even if it is over the rainbow or under a bridge or... in a fairy tale). The debate is whether to try it out with the sites I go to most. Chrome and Firefox both know my log in passwords for quick access. Chrome for Gmail and Blogger which are Google products and Firefox for Facebook and web browsing because it is rated the best browser for general web browsing. Tonight I opened Edge for the first time and it did not impress me at first, but then, this is Jackson's computer and she has put her imprint on it so I am not getting a fresh Windows 10 or Edge experience... so I withhold judgment for now. The default opening to MSN, the default Bing page, and the pressure to keep that set up does not bode well for me using Edge. I am comfortable with the Google search engine. I may experiment another time with Edge and it's default features, but for now, I return to Chrome and Firefox.

Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of the latest Windows OS and browser and all the other browsers and whatever else you'd like to discuss and maybe even teach me cuz the silence is deafening sometimes (here too). I mean, this blog is the umpteenth in a long line of daily blogs going back to the stone age (or at least 20 years online) and here it sits unfettered by any interaction, discussion, comments, or viewership, even. Ah yes (alas, even), readers... dear readers... how I used to adore imagining you were out there.

Shhhh, let the fool wallow in the misery, it is all we can do for emotional fun sometimes.

What else should we expect wide awake at 4am without a soul in sight, anyway?

Narf :)

No comments: