Friday, July 29, 2016

Yard Work, Hard Work

Three hours of cutting threw years of thick growth out behind Curly's mom's place in the 90 degree heat before lunch tapped all my energy reserve and I showered and drove to meet Jackson for lunch. I napped a few minutes in the car waiting for Jackson. Lunch replenished the energy and I cut, cleared, and piled for another two hours in the afternoon. The additional exercise in the mid-ninety degree heat left me energy depleted once again so I drank lots of water and napped another few minutes while the laundry finished.

And the laundry is done and so am I, though the chocolate chip cookie I just ate is perking me up rather quickly. The humidity in this place went up some as all the clothes from two full was loads are hang drying around the place. The fans are doing their thing (I see a use for a few more... at least two on the clothes drying area and one big one for fast cooling on the hotter days when I am in and out a lot and letting the cooler air out and the hot air in). An exhaust fan would help pull air-conditioned air in from the other apartments in this house, but there are just three huge windows and none are easily accessible at the moment so an exhaust fan is not a viable option for the moment.

The body feels exhausted, but excellent. I must do more exercise and the yard work fits the bill as it is a lot of upper body and walking with some bending and lifting. So I scheduled myself to do more yard work in the morning.

I need to find shoes as the third pair of sneakers since starting to work on yards has lost it's sole. Perhaps they were not religious sneakers. There is super strong glue to fix lost soles so I need to find some and buy some and use some. The sneakers I am using are cheap $10-$15 footwear that are very old and have been in boxes in the closet for years, so I am not crying over lost soles, but I would like to avoid spending money on equipment at the moment. I need to buy a rake if Curly's mom does have one I can use tomorrow. She has the wheelbarrow I'll need and a plug in chainsaw and Curly loaned me the big clippers. I'll need to borrow his weed eater once the big stuff is cleared. A Florida forest has all sorts of interesting interwoven growth after a few years (or longer). I should take pictures to remember the wilderness and see the work I did to turn it into enjoyable relaxing recreational spaces. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

So now what? The cookie woke me up. The muscles are exhausted but the brain wants to go out and play. Curly went home and Harpo plays ball Monday nights and my Monday Night Softball league is on hiatus and I don't have anyone else who I just call close by and say wanna do something cuz doing things usually costs money and Curly and Harpo understand doing things with me means playing games or going somewhere free or as close to free as possible. Jackson and Jane and other friends I can just hang with live too far (more than twice s far as Curly and he's 25 minutes without traffic and up to an hour with traffic). Wah wah, oh well, maybe write and go to bed early (don't want to get lost on Facebook like I did yesterday... I could check job sites).

Yard work, hard work, whatever the date...

No comments: