Friday, July 8, 2016

The New Facebook Pages

As I mentioned in a prior entry, I am replacing the old facebook pages (which are currently not available due to a FB block on my previous account, which is another long story) with new pages and this entry shall introduce the new Facebook pages, explain their intended purpose, tie them to the old pages, and share a bit about them (and probably me along the way). So sit back with a cool drink and some popcorn or favorite snack as we now present the new and improved latest edition of the introduction to the Facebook Pages. Ta-da and all that jazz. :)

Idea Warehouse (current, working) replaced Brain Food (currently blocked by Facebook) as a repository for ideas and things that stimulate brain cells for any reason that does not better fit into one of the other pages.

Amusements (current, working) replaced Amusements and Distractions (currently blocked by Facebook) as the page for anything that amuses or distracts in some positive way (I think that's the distinction between the ideas page and this one, stuff here should amuse first even if it is pure meaningless distraction for a vacuous brain at times).

Humors, Tumors, and Bloomers (current, working) was an offshoot of (currently blocked by Facebook) as a place for political and social satire, humor, and ridiculousness. That way the actual political page could stay more serious (or as serious as politics and people can be, meaning, can we really take politics or people seriously?... rhetorical question, of course, because, of course, irreverence and babble {and rhetoric} thrive in a place for laughs... which is where I usually prefer to be, in case you have not noticed).

Humans, SMH (current, working) kinda sorta replaced Your Fear Makes You Hate (currently blocked by Facebook) and may also combine parts of a few other pages as it is the place I put stories/videos I read/see that make me shake my head (SMH) at humanity as I wonder something like OMG, that is real, can anyone really believe or do that? It is a very depressing page if you are open to depression, so consider this a disclaimer if you do not have your spirits in a very good place.


Decision 2016 (current, working) replaced Decision 2016 (currently blocked by Facebook) as my place for stuff about politics, especially stuff about this current Presidential election. I am so not wanting to pay any attention to politics and succeeded in fulfilling that desire for most of this life, but Facebook seems to be drawing me into political and sociological discussions more and more so rather than put politics on my primary FB page, I created this one. If the previous page was available, you'd see the evolution of my thinking as I make my decision about who the next President should be along with all sorts of information about the current government.

For the moment, Decision 2016 also seems to get posts that would have previously been posted in OK With You?, True or False?, Independent Views, and Change America (all currently blocked by Facebook). The latter two are pages I had for quite a while and I miss them a lot. Specifically, Change America collected posts that reminded me I actually did care about the future of humanity, the world, and most specifically this country. Independent Views focused on my desire to remain obkective about the world of politics, government, and social issues. OK With You? asked that question about specific issues and posts, is this ok with you? True or False? asked that question about questionable news articles like accusations candidates make against each other. You can read more about the political connection to the blocking of my previous Facebook account here.


Reading Material (current, working) replaced Light Reading and mostly Been There, Saw That (both currently blocked by Facebook) as the place for any articles or videos that don't fit in to any other the other pages whether I read/watched them or just am curious and want to remember to read/watch them when I have time. The two original pages separated articles from videos, but I seem to have abandoned that separation for now. I also seem to forget to post things I read or watch there a lot.

Things To Do (current, working) kinda sorta may have replaced An Extra Head and Material World Stuff (currently blocked by Facebook), though if I get back into posting dozens of links a day as I was doing before FB blocked my Bugs Webbot account, I may need an extra head again. Things to Do focuses on actual things to do in this life, locally or on a bucket list. Maybe also things to check out, buy, or explore further. An extra head was a place where I put stuff that I would really like to explore further if I had more time, or an extra head. I think.

More Stuff (current, working) kinda sorta may have replaced Material World Stuff (currently blocked by Facebook), as a place for stuff I'd like to have (if cost was no object). Kind of a wish list for stuff. Some stuff just for the fun of it, some stuff I really think is cool.

Hope For Us All (current, working) sort of replaced Trying To Be Positive and to a lesser extent Wide Awake at 4am (both currently blocked by Facebook) as a place for positivity. There may be more pages in this vein or the latest may combine all the positive pages I had in the past or want to have in the future. Trying to Be Positive actually had others contributing as Editors. Wide Awake at 4am was my personal page from long ago where I put things that inspired me and sometimes things that represented who I am and who I want to be (when I am not being me). A lot of loss is felt when I think about these pages right now, so I am not very positive when I go on FB as the scars of the loss of ten years of time and energy and me poured into the site still hurts.

Touched By Music replaced my previous music page that I will continue to hope to see again someday. Music gives words a spirit beyond reading and songs are as close to a religious experience as I have known in this life (though falling in love may surpass it from time to time, songs are always there and falling in love is sometimes just out of reach). More to follow, everywhere.

Random Trivia probably replaced something, but I don't feel like exploring the referencing sections of the library in my head at the moment so let's just leave it as it is for now. It's supposed to be fun... and random, after all.

Hungry may be an attempt at a Foodie page or it may just be temptations and torture (which is sometimes how my relationship with food can be described I suppose lol lam).

Money Ideas is new, relatively speaking. There I shall provide occasional tips on stocks and other get-rich-quick schemes. Spend your money at your own risk, naturally (no, I will not do Dr. Evil for you... at least not tonight). You may have missed my tip to buy Microsoft in 1985. I know, it was a busy year. This is your second chance.

Human Link for Pulse (current, working) is a new group (not a page) created by someone else who added me as an Administrator (the FB title, not the haughty Corporate BS, but I suppose that is better than "Owner, which is a flat out lie). It was created to bring our community together to support each other and the families of people killed or wounded at the Pulse night club. This is mostly where I have been online for the past month, doing whatever could to life spirits and organize gatherings to support, protect, and heal.

Feeling Our Pulses is the page I created to put positive information for the community. It is intended to save the best and most useful/helpful posts from the group. I have not been updating nearly as much as I intended.

Pulse Posts Collected was intended to be the place I put posts I wanted to review before posting them in the group or on my page. I did not use this nearly as much as I intended. There was just not enough time.

As I said in a previous entry, I spent 12-18 hours a day outside in the community at funerals and other gatherings and fought sleep to catch up with, update the group, and respond to the group after I got home. I skipped sleep some nights and got little sleep other nights, but I felt useful and that was my way to heal, giving to others. If you've read me over the years, you may have noticed. :)

There were five more pages blocked by FB that I've yet to reinstate for the moment, but hopefully they will return as they are much a part of me. One for my love of the night and one for my love of music most especially. Two of the others were for helping others. One of the others was my release for the madness of world religions that I really wish would go away, but until it does I use humor and reason to accept it exists and in that way, I tolerate the different points of view and ways of life as much as possible.

Finally (for now), introducing myself on Facebook (as much as FB allows and in spite of the direct way FB prevents this), Bugs Webbot (the page, current, working) and Remembering Bugs Webbot (the group, current, working) are intended to replace my original account (currently blocked by Facebook) that was me on Facebook for almost ten years. I have no access to the thousands of photos, videos, and posts I and others shared over the years, no less the friends lost due to the sudden loss of the account access, so it is still very sad to go to either the page or the group for me, but both are there hoping I find the will (and trust for Facebook that is lost) to start recreating myself on the FB site. A few loyal lunatics and friends seem to appreciate the freedom of creativity of using a nickname, so Bugs lives, even if it is just now and then. I have this idea that I can explain it to FB in some way that touches a human heart at the Company and get ten years of photos and writings back in my possession, but I taken a break from banging my head against their automated walls for the moment.

Privacy Issues was created with the intent to explain to anyone who cares, including Facebook people, how the automated blocking system contradicts it's intended goal and worse, interferes with the growth and purpose of the social network concept. Some venting might happen there too, but in all seriousness, the FB robots even do real damage to organizational efforts by much needed groups and communities in the real world.

So that is a tour of my world on Facebook, almost complete (hey, there are always things in the works and just as always secrets tempting you to read on, right? lol?).


No comments: