Saturday, July 30, 2016

So Then I Went Out

I might have checked job sites if I stayed in, but I found a roach crawling on the bathroom sink and out came the bug spray and after spraying just the bathroom, holes in walls, and around the bed (cuz the last place I want bugs to consider safe is in bed with me), I needed fresh air. So I drove around a bit. I found a castle and took a very distant photo of it that isn't worth sharing here even if I could connect and share (I don't know why the computer doesn't recognize the phone via bluetooth) here. The very large castle-looking house was down at the end of a cul-de-sac that had just three houses on it and I did not want to have a cop called for driving down that cul-de-sac, especially since the address on my license is not accurate at the moment. I suppose I could get mail here, there is a mailbox three apartments share though so it's not a private mailbox and I was not sure how long I would be here and whatever.

I then drove around some more. There are some rather rich people living within a couple of miles of here. As I said, I was surprised to find a $3.6M house just up the road. The average home price is closer to $500K or less, but then, I did a search and found homes selling for even more than $3.6M. Who knew I had so many millionaire neighbors, aye? So just how does one go about meeting single neighbors beyond the few houses on the block where one lives?

Tiring of window shopping the rich and maybe not so famous, I headed toward the biggest lake around, Lake Apopka, to watch the sun go down. I would show you the pics, but again, the phone and computer are not talking yet. It was interesting to see I was not the only solo sunset watcher out there. Everybody ran to their cars as soon as the sun was down, including the solos, so I suppose meeting people watching a sunset is not as romantic as the movies might suggest. I mean, it's not the top of the Empire State Building, after all. Where are you sleeping tonight?

I didn't actually go looking to meet anyone. I just wanted to enjoy a sunset over a big lake and the third largest lake in Florida is just 10 miles away (driving). Seeing a girl watching it by herself gave me the idea of the potential for social contact. She was obviously not there for social contact though. Perhaps a sunset meetup event is in order.

After the sunset I headed to the store to get shoe goo to see if I can fix my cheap sneakers for less than a new pair of cheap sneakers. $5 for a tube and I used about $1 worth, so it's worth a try. The sneaker is taped up to hold the sole in place and we shall see what happens in 48 hours. I already unpacked yet another pair of cheap sneakers for tomorrow's yard work.

So anyway, that's what I did. The place smells much better and I should survive the night. Sleep is the wise choice now as I scheduled an early rise to push the body once again and then there are other activities scheduled clear through till midnight, so may this babbling find you amused and your life be even more spectacular than mine.

Yup, I went there.

Narf :)

No comments: