Friday, July 22, 2016

No More Wah (Maybe)

So here I sit before the make-shift air-conditioner which consists of bottles of frozen water sitting in front of the fan blowing on me as I realize how thankful I am for the free electricity and roof and place to live and the phone I depend on for so much and the computer I depend on just as much, all gifts for the pauper I choose to be at the moment as I enjoy the last of the time away from the madness of the working world.

This is the reality (oh poo, no more pity parties?... well, at least not for the moment, but there's always hope).

Laughter is still under every rock I throw at myself (or anyone else), so what is real, really? A dozen resumes have gone out over the past couple of days. The stretchers, as I call them. Meaning the jobs I probably don't qualify for but pay a lot more than jobs I do qualify for, though some jobs I do qualify for and lower salary jobs were in the mix. I hope to be working again by October or November. It takes at least a month for some of these jobs to even call for an interview and takes another month for them to complete the interviews, so it is time to start sending out the resumes. Sigh. Luckily, there are chocolate chip cookies nearby. :)

I wah wah wah-ed for a couple of days last week (or a couple of weeks or years or lifetimes), or maybe that was more recently, and then Monday I decided it was time to get back to work, or maybe that was yesterday. Time is relative when you're having fun. Or when you're having fun with depression. Ah, Fun With Depression, the new board game all the rage in the real world. Must be a blog title sprouting up too. Anyway, I worked on the garage and moved a few things from this space into the garage on Monday. The resumes started flowing out after that. I did some more today. Alas, growing up a little more. Boo boo boo! lol lam :)

It has been hot here the past couple of weeks. Mid-nighties during the day and just barely dropping below 80 at night. A long lonely summer (old song, favorite many times along the way (inspiring a new wistful smile each time). The more I come out of my shell the lonelier I get cuz the social me wants to share more and the hugger me wants to hug more and the dreamer me wants to love more, but I can't afford to hide out much longer so back to the world I am headed.

Not much to write about (farther out of the daily writing habit than I've been in a long time... which is seldom good news for me), but keeping in touch helps keep the lonelies away a little.

Anybody out there?

No comments: