Thursday, July 28, 2016

Facebook, Not

Review for Completion...

I find I have returned to the avoiding Facebook mode or mindset again. Hopefully it will last as I find Facebook sad and frustrating and ultimately, depressing. It is the world as designed by humans, after all. The news about humanity is quite depressing. I usually avoid the news reports because there is so much pain and trauma and negativity in this world that it brings me down and I don't think I want to completely give up on humanity (though George Carlin makes more sense to me with each passing year, but he somehow turned his cynical depressing thoughts into humor and cash... I'd settle for cash) and the more I read or watch the news, the less hope I have for the survival of the species, no less actually finding a human I can really relate to on the deepest intimate levels of realness within me.

I also am not interested in the Pokeman, Candy Crush, and other games I get invited to regularly. I cringe at the news and invites about other crazes I keep getting on Facebook, so that makes the experience even more unpleasant. Then there is the last few months of Sunday softball conversations about where people are staying in Austin and that reminds me that neither coach responded to my requests for help with that. I don't need to be reminded they don't care and I am staying with two friends from another team and don't know how (or if) I will get to the games or around town for food or anything else I need. I guess I will be dependent on the two friends, though they go to different fields for different games and may not be able to drive me to my games. They are good people, but the smoke way too much and I detest cigarette smoke. Gotta compromise and we share a need for economizing.

This blog is listed as my blog on my Facebook profile, but none of my Facebook friends (or real life friends) have come by as far as I know. So few people seek or enjoy written communication these days unless it's a text or on comment Facebook (it does not seem like many people read each other's posts or click on links before commenting and I really don't enjoy most of the communication that goes on there. I find it superficial at best and quite hostile way too often. Whatever happened to kambaya? lol :)

And yet, here I sit feeling lonely wondering if going on Facebook will fix that. It seldom does, though it often distracts me for hours or days until I fall asleep numb and quite vegetative. I wake up with some sort of intellectual hangover though. Not the fix I really need. Somehow I have looked for the one in all the wrong places for many years.

I have not had good pizza in a while.

Or chocolate.

Narf :)

No comments: