Friday, March 18, 2016

almost morning

As I was saying (which is probably a good sub-title for this blog), today is actually yesterday, that is, the day I am summarizing is actually the day before the date of this entry but that's just how time happens, ya know? I am writing these entries after midnight, at least so far. Just noting that for what it's worth in case it matters. Bob's not my uncle, you don't have to be an Einstein to realize that time is such a relative concept, after all.

So back to the dirt, drama, and details of the day that was, I did sleep earlier, from about 7pm till 11pm, the usual four hour block, right here in the chair (the smaller brown chair... didn't actually mention we said fairwell to the big green chair, did I... those of you who've been with me a while might miss it too, but take solace in the fact that we did have a small ceremony as we put the big green chair and the ouch and love seat on the curb in front of one of Curly's rental homes {we thought about dropping a lamp and table and setting it up as a living room but we figured we'd not may the renter happy if a family of homeless people moved in instead of dragging the furniture elsewhere... that would mean it would certainly be trash and have no hope of a curb pick-up) and who knows, someone may be enjoying the comfort of the big green chair even as I write this). This town, like most, frowns on homeless people actually creating comfort under bridges or anywhere with furniture, so we left it for anyone who could use it or ultimately, if no one picked it up, the trash heap. The couch and love seat were about twenty five years old while the big green chair was about fifteen years old. All three were well past their prime, but still. A moment of silence for the big green chair.

I did lay down in bed after waking but the brain had other ideas (some of the stressful thoughts bumped into some of the creative thoughts and I reached for Ruzzle for distraction and played a bunch of games {like fifty or more... I have a playmate who seems as addicted to the game as I am as she continues to ask for rematches and accepts mine and we sometimes have three games going at once} and when that didn't work I found myself back on the computer looking at Facebook for distraction, but that was short lived as the laptop was running out of memory with three browsers and all the tabs open so I shut everything down except the blog tabs and started writing... many entries later {I'll get to that}, here we are). Prior to the nap, I woke today about 10:30am and spent the next four hours job searching on the computer and interupting that monotony with Facebook (no worries, you who want to know everything... the Facebook entries are coming). The intention was to blog, but time slipped by and I had to get laundry done. I emptied a large box (plastic containers are what I use for storage and moving as you would see if you found the entry with the photo of some of them) and filled it with the dirty clothes and headed out to the local self-service laundromat (after finding it on google).

Not living in a city (it is very suburban here, slightly rural in places... in fact this house is on several acres, at least, with three greehouses and fruit trees and another house out back), it was a 10-15 minute drive. It was not the cleanest place with old machines and a very congested set-up, but a very friendly family run place. They were happy to make change and take my money lol (but also extremely polite and tentative). Prices have definitely gone up since the last time I did not have a home washer-dryer and I had a choice of machines ranging from $2 through $4.50. I chose a $2 and a $3.75 machine for my two loads. Adding an extra rinse for one and additional wash time for the other was $1.50 more. Not finding laundry supplies, I bought two boxes of Tide at $0.60 each and five dryer sheets at $0.10 each. Then the dryers were $0.25 for 8 minutes so another couple of dollars went there. It was almost ten dollars for two loads when I was done. Another $5 to get a bagel and iced coffee at the Dunkin Donuts across the parking lot. Hey, it was dinner time and I had not eaten yet. No donut this time, I am trying to start actually dropping the weight put on during this sedentary non-working stress-filled traumatic change time of life, really I am dahrling.

Arriving home with clean clothes was an up, but having nowhere to put them yet was a down, so I added to the clutter and sat down to blog but got distracted by Facebook and by the time I started blogging, I nodded off. I think this is about where we came in (four hours later I woke, played Ruzzle, glanced at Facebook, and came to the blog world). Finding myself reaching for distraction more than merely babbling on, I looked back at blogs that have been long dormant and forced myself to add to them even if the mood for those particular blogs was not fully independent of my nudging. botts got a couple of entries and bullsugar got four, two or three of which had been kinda sorta started anywhere from a year to five years ago (never give up, never surrender) dot dot dot, ya know. Then I released a bit of disappiontment over two blogs that seemed to lose their way with help from outsde of my head and two more wayward blogs also received an entry each for no apparent reason (though the two for no apparent reason blogs did not get an update, just for the record and perhaps a bit of irony).

the blues were playing in my head as I updated what was supposed to be the next daily blog and I will likely revisit the whole night when I am a bit more uppity and awake. The sun is knocking on the horizon, after all. Plans for today include having shiney happy boppy bouncy energy for a visit from Jackson's two neices so I really ought to get a couplke of hours sleep now. First, I shall eat the second half of the eggplant parmesean I had for dinner. I'll lament about the fridge and freezen not working well, adjusting to living without air conditioning or hot water, the cramped space, the loneliness, the poverty, the stress of a bleaker tomorrow, and the very scary political landscap at some future time.

Would I be anything less than me if I was not laughing now?

Sheesh, get serious, will ya?

Later.






No comments: