Wednesday, March 9, 2016

If it's Tuesday, It Must be in the Cards

Not Belgium or any sort of whirlwind tour of twelve countries in fourteen days (or was it the other way around?), no, the Tuesdays are card nights lately and tonight was as fun as all the others with six of us playing with all sorts of reckless abandon and I was so tired I could not even pay attention (no less count the cards) but nobody cared which made it all the more fun. Leaving the separation of hard core competition that comes from insecurity driving a win at all costs perspective is wonderful as putting playing the game ahead of who wins is one of the wisdoms on the path to happiness in this life that I knew long ago but forget from time to time. It was good to remember tonight.

The day was cleaning the old place. A full day that I shall try to recall as I fell asleep before recording it last night (the date is accurate, the narration is relative). Waking just before the alarms for reasons I do not remember (bladder?... phone?... something else?) and headed to Wal-Mart where I tried to exchange the Coleman Lantern that is not working on battery but they did not carry it so I will have to try a bigger store (the local Wal-Mart is weak which should make it even easier to stay away). They did print the receipt I needed and a Manager told a CSR to let me have the cell phone charger. Nice. Surprising. Karma?

The rest of the day was cleaning the old place. Vacuuming rugs, spraying the spots left by our dearly departed doggie in preparation for the carpet cleaning guy coming tomorrow, spraying the tiles in both bathrooms (I am not sure what Jackson did last night... she may have been too tired to do much so I helped her out... it's what I do), the tedium of cleaning is not new to me. Memories of working for a Buffalo, NY building services company (we cleaned offices and banks at night, scaled huged projects by day {a Buca De Pepe opening including stone floor acid wash, factory floor scrubs and painting, construction clean-ups, and so on), handled security, and let's not forget shoveled snow as it fell dontcha know. am I digressing again?) returned as bittersweet warm and fuzzies (with an arctic breeze).

I paused in the cleaning before Jackson got back. As much as I wanted to make our separation and moving apart momentous and memorable and epic, even (cuz I am such an emo kid, really I am), Jackson is the opposite of emo and I gave her the space she likes to have. The things we do for love, yeah yeah yeah. I did have a date with cards and fun and much fund was in the cards so I think it worked out exactly as it was supposed to be.

Hope yours does too :)

No comments: