Wednesday, March 16, 2016

dragging about a bit

Sleeping later does not necessarily mean more rest if it is near 5am when going to bed and not actually sleeping deeply. That is the sleep I am getting so at least I am getting more sleep than I had been for a couple of weeks. I am losing a sense of circadian rhythm and schedule and also forgetting to take the blood pressure meds, so it's not all good.

So as I was saying in briefer mode, today I slept in to 11am and woke to pack some clothes and bathing stuff cuz the plan was to head to the car dealership to get the oil changed and service done and get an estimate on the damage done to my car by Curly's mom. Did I mention she backed into my car and gave pushed in the corner of the bumper (and I am hoping not the side panel of have I neatly avoided thinking about it since Friday?). Unfortunately, the car is more than two years old as of last month so nothing is free and I decided to skip the servicing as it did not absolutely need it and even more unfortunately the collision guy was not there even though I made an appointment with him so the service guy took photos of the car and said they'd send an estimate. No estimate as of this hour, perhaps tomorrow. No estimate as of this hour, whatever hour it is. I mean, does anybody really know what time it is? Or care, even?

I then headed to Curly's early and hewasn't home yet. I took a hot shower, first since Friday. I miss that luxury. Ironically (or coincidentally), tomorrow or a few days from now I will find a photo that depresses me because it mentions hot showers as one of the best things in life, but we can leave the future for now and remain in the present. Hopefully the car will not get hit or I will associate that with hot showers (so much psychological trauma of late, how can I not laugh at the way the brain processes it?... maybe you had to be there... but who wants to enter my head, aye?).

After the shower I relaxed and waited for Curly. He got home with bad news about the job he had planned to be finished with and I went back out with Curly to meet a second air conditioner repair guy at one of his properties because the first one did not know what to do. Alas, all the nice clean feeling of the hot shower was gone after a couple of hours in the hot sun. We returned to his place for our Tuesday night cards and barbecue and the food was yummy and the cards were fun so it all ended well. Mostly.

Mostly mostly because I find myself dragging about a bit, but hanging in there. In case it matters, I ride the undiagnosed bipolar roller coaster like every other undiagnosed human. Mostly it's fun.


No comments: