Saturday, March 19, 2016

out of order too

Perhaps I refer to the posting of the entries in this blog (and it's briefer counterpart or any blog as time and datestamps are so relative sometimes), perhaps I refer to something else (human life, politics, religions, the refridgerator, for instance), even me (what, me worry?), but the title shall be left for future reference or nothing, even, and the entry shall go on as I try to remember what happened today, or yesterday, now that it is an entry written past midnight once again. And I dream a bass will join me...

And we will leave that Harry Chapin lyric reference for another time as well because I simply will not tolerate more lonely laments than I've already permitted this week because I did fun stuff to remember today as I met Jackson and Brandi Jackson's two nieces at the local Barnes & Noble and we wander the store and the kids played in the kids section and then we the kids played in the kiddie area that they remembered fondly enough to ask to return there (but after a while, we all realized they had outgrown it, which was pretty insightful for them at 5 and 6 years old) and then we went to Five Guys for burgers and fries (Not quite Coney Island Joe's but as close as Florida gets) and then we said farewell as they went off to bowl and I went off to softball and I was welcomed to come bowling by Brandi which felt really good cuz we are just starting out relating to each other (the kids wanted me to go too, but my arm has been sore and bowling is the last activity a pitcher needs when the arm is sore and tired, especially not with a tournament coming up tomorrow and a double header on Sunday and at playoffs comning up on Monday night). It felt good to be wanted and maybe I am a fool for not going and reinforcing the family feeling, but I also want to give Jackson the chance to build the new family feeling with Brandi.

And I am a softball addict (ah, the truth comes out) even if it's one of the most losing seasons (yes, we lost again, this time better than last week, only 8-0 and we went seven full innings) I've had in many years. The year is very young however and last year finished with one of my best seasons ever (3 out of 4 league championships and one second place) and this year I am in even higher demand so there's always hope. I really must start working out more to stay strong and sharp and uninjured. Yeah, coach, I will.

So a fun and active day and evening and home alone again but for the best as I must get some decent sleep as I have an all-day tournament with a new team tomorrow. It's kind of like we are all trying out for each other and hoping we put together a winning mix of talent and fun.

Hope you make life fun too :)

No comments: