Sunday, March 27, 2016

Equipment Maintenance

The laptop is entering it's ninth year soon (or has it already) and like the phone (entering it's sixth or seventh year), they are both such relative antiquated pieces of equipment with such outdated software and limited memory that most of todays programs and apps do not fit or work on them and the browsers are no longer being supported which makes for a lot of missed experiences online and a lot of time spent on equipment maintenance.

Waiting for Spybot to finish it's scans, I play Ruzzle for an hour or more, then I play chess for a game or few, then I ponder the life as I know it, though not very deeply. As I have hinted, mentioned, and flat out said in recent times, I am beginning to crave sharing again, deeper sharing. I share activities with others, friendsa and aquaintances, daily. I keep very busy in the evenings and on weekends (one reason I am not working right now is I was slacking off on the hours I gave to the previous job which is why I am looking for a 40 hour a week job instead of a 24/7 job now. 40 hours a week would be a huge step closer to retirement for me.

Each day of the week there is a group activity scheduled now. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, Saturday afternoons (and mornings whenever I feel like waking early), and Sunday all day, there is softball in five different leagues with five different teams. Tuesday and Thursday evenings and when I want to make it and don't have other plans, Saturday evenings, there is cards and games at two different locations. That does not include time with Harpo and that group of friends or with Helen and her friends or with Jackson and her friends. Additional time at sports bars is often available after the softball. So lamenting about loneliness seems strange and yet, still, I crave deeper sharing again.

The space is available again.

I suppose we might say the equipment maintenance on my heart and soul/spirit/anima/ka/me is completed and I am ready to take a chance again (omg, Barry Manilow?... I may never cease to amaze ya know).

So what's going on in you? :)

No comments: