Sunday, March 27, 2016

Night Becomes Day

As I was starting to say in the brief version (or step one) or this current daily two-steo blog, a person with a natural nocturnal circadian rhythm can become quite unconventional when not working and living alone. Here we are much closer to the sunrise than the sunset and the summary of the previous day is just beginning. I am in my element, comfortable and at peace, in the middle of the night and as morning nears, sleep calls so sweetly. Sleeping when the rest of the world is working seems so right for me, no wonder I worked night shift for years. If only night shift paid what day jobs pay, I'd probably be looking to work nights again. Unless, of course, someone would like to come along and be my everything, my love, my life parner, and so on. Any so ons out there?

Listening to Harry Chapin's Dance Band on the Titanic once again for the first time in this new space and luckily (or whatever) I was deeply distracted by more reading so the profound lyrics did not tear into me as they could. Should? Maybe. Maybe? That was on the previous CD. Ah, the cleverness continues to0 amuse me even if it is sub-par humor for everyone else. To each his or her own. And just in case my own as in one and only and I do mean the one is reading your place by my side is waiting patiently (though my patience is not always so patient as your place is, so come on already, get here, m'ok?).

I really do not want to listen to Tanya Tucker's Can't Run From Yourself these days and even John Denver's Seasons of the Heart is too much looking back at what has been. No matter how beautiful the memories, I'd much rather open the door for a new wonder and excitement (and you, if you are the one and just in case you think you might be and wanna be, here are a few links to blogs and rhymes that kinda introduce me and a few that express what I seek in the one. Yeah, the treasure map to my heart is right there online for anyone to find. Well, pieces of it, anyway. The maze leading to the center that only the one can find, however, has no map and appears to constantly change just to make sure only the one can find me in there. Wouldn't want to waste my time (or life) falling in love with someone not compatible at the center of our hearts, now would we?

See what happens when night becomes day? All the little children come out to dance and dream and long for romance it seems. As Harry so eloquently put it, if you just dream when you're asleep there is no way for them to come alive."

Apparently, sometimes the dirt, drama, and details of the life as I live it might reveal a whole lot more than the events of the day in the physical world. So what did happen today? Woke after about six hours sleep and Curly was letting himself in. He texted before he arrived to pick me up to go play bridge at Excel and the Commodore's place. Another player, we'll call her Goldilocks, showed up and we played Chicago style for hours. I did well for my second time playing, though Goldilocks had a different rulebook in mind sometimes and it became confusing when she and Curly tried to teach me together. I think I finally got the message across that telling me what to do is not letting me learn to make my own decisions. Curly and the Commodore (especially the Commodore) seem to enjoy making up rules as they teach to see if they can trick me and that adds to the confusion, but we have fun at my expense. By the end of the night the brain was turned off and I was just throwing cards out rather randomly (perhaps that was my way of giving them the impression I would never be a good player. Their sense of false confidence grows and they don't even know it. Shhhhh, don't tell lol).

6:18am... the recliner. We interrupt this blog post to bring you the following breaking story (pun unintended, really). The LED desk lamp fell and I discovered the base was some sort of fine cement-like ceramic that shattered exposing the wiring, alas, making it no longer convenient or safe to move around and use as the primary desk lamp for typing so an exploratory committe shall be developed to research the next primary desk lamp that will be purchased as soon as plausible (asap) based on a very overdue budgetary review. Alas. Sigh. We now, following a moment of silent lament for the fallen, return to the blog entry in progress.

Before heading out with Curly I gave almost an hour to the online world and almost a half an hour to the Ruzzle game. Dinner was on the stove when we got there so we ate during the bridge game. Spinach ravioli and seasoned ground beef and julien cut squash. No sauce. After returning from dazed and confused from the teach me bridge with three part disharmony tournament, I turned on the Blue Jays CD followed by the Harry Chapin CD mentioned earlier and ate half a sandwich leftover from this afternoon and a third of a can of spagehettios and meatballs left over from last night with some cole slaw and macaroni salad and then sat down to browse Facebook and read articles for a couple of hours. That brings us to the entries in the two step blog we now call home, home, in the words (or something like that).

Are we having fun yet? :)

THere's always hope :)

No comments: