Friday, March 11, 2016

like pulling a plug

It was a day just like any other day, except it wasn't.

Today Curly woke me somewhere around 9am (I think I finally went to bed somewhere around 5am last night) with body and arms and hands and fingers aching (especially the right index... maybe it is time to consider a different mouse... ah, battling the inevitability of an aging body is a futile effort in comfort, if not vanity), I stumbled out to help him move fences and fence posts. Somehow writing this feels like deja vu. Perhaps I sent a text to jackson or someone about the day. Fatigue may have some of the brain cells confused, turned off even. Anyway, I met him and an hour or two of heavy lifting to load was followed by a drive to his place where we cooked up some Nathan's hot dogs and some polska kielbasa in his big green egg (grill) while we unloaded the trailer and then we ate good. Too much, as too often has been the case of late, but much yummy just the same. I really must take better care of this body. Perhaps I should try to shame myself some more in the body blog. Or motivate, yes, perhaps I should motivate more movement and the right kind of exercise (and balanced diet and all that stuff that wisdom and long life is made of).

About 2:30pm I headed back here and I guess it is time to start calling it home (that feels so strange... and lonely). On the way home I stopped to turn in the Brighthouse equipment and then stopped to pick up the last box at the old place and locked up and turned in the keys. That chapter of this life is officially over. Quietly.

And as it began alone, it ended alone. Sigh.

After trying to get some words out, I laid down in bed when I got home somewhere around 6pm and woke a couple of times to empty the bladder or roll over, shoulder and right arm sore, fingers aching, and when I woke about 10pm I remembered that I did not take the ball and chain blood pressure medication so I turned on the light and took the pill and here we are hours later still awake after giving another new blog life and marking the day and date in e-the-real.

When I left Curly's I had wrapped up a half a kielbasa to take home but I can't find it so I either left it there or it's in the car. Hope it's not in the car. If it is, I hope the bugs have not invaded the car. We'll find out tomorrow cuz I don't feel like getting dressed and walking around to the other side of the house where I parked the car. I don't need the sand, mulch, and bugs since I have no hot water yet and am just doing towel-bathing for now. Wsak. Also, the darkness around that side of the place makes looking for anything a challenge. Come to think of it, there used to be a big black bear who visited the tree I park next to each night. You can see his rubbing spots in the bark on the tree. I ought to remember that first when I think of wandering over to where I park at night. Living here is a little like living in the woods cuz there are lots of woods behind the house. I must find my flashlights and batteries. Valid reasons, but simple laziness plays it's part as well.

So I ate a can of Spaghettios and Meatballs instead.

No comments: