Thursday, March 24, 2016

Modest Progress

Today was another day of letting the sleep happen as it will. Also another day of spending time on Facebook, this time almost three hours. A conversation about politics with a few Trump supporters was interesting. I ignored the insult one of them tried to bait me with. He overlooks the arrogance (acknowledges it, just accepts it) and denies the hate-speech, fear-mongering, racist and mysogynist statements I've heard claiming that is media distortion. He excuses moving money and jobs overseas and blames government policies for that action by big business. I don't get the reasoning, but it is the view of many. Some want to trust private industry to take care of our needs. Some want to trust government. I lean toward government because if voters organize, we can fire government. We have no control at all over private industry.

I headed out to get the blood pressure medication and did some food shopping. The freezer is not working right so I did not get frozen food. Curly will look at it next time he is here which should be tomorrow. Then I stopped for chinese food because a food treat is an easy way to comfort, stress-relief, and happiness. I kept telling myself (and Harpo who was on the phone with me at the time because I was driving home and prefer hands free phone conversations) $6 for shrimp fried rice will be ok since I bought a lot of very economical foods (bologna, for instance) to eat for the next month or so. $20 later I had a quart of shrimp fried rice and a large order of shrimp Peking style. I told myself (and Harpo, came into the place on the phone with me) that it would be two or three meals, justifying the expense. Went home and ate and it was so very yummy. After finishing all of it, I nodded off.

Yes, I ate it all. Not the best decision, I know. I was heavily influenced by the fact that the container was overflowing and therefore would be sticky in the fridge and I have no sink to wash dishes or anything so I just kept eating. Ahen. Don't judge. Anyway, food was followed by sweet sleep.

I woke about 2am and caught up on blogs and may have even exposed myself a bit (the next entry will cover that) and then spent three hours sorting boxes and the place is much more organized. Though it is still much more a warehouse than a living space and I emptied only two boxes, I gave fifteen more boxes designated spaces to be emptied when the final arrangement of stuff is decided. Eight of those are boxes of CDs. Just as important, I sorted boxes by area (laundry, nbathroom, clothes closet, under bed storage, other room storage, outside storage, living area, bedroom area, and kitchen. Organization can relieve stress I am told. Clutter increases stress I am told. So this should be a good thing.

Blue Jays (Justin Hayward & John Lodge) plays in the background. Blue Jays is one of my favorite CDs of all time. Much more than mere entertainment, it helped me in so many ways over the years. Some music just gets me all the way to wow and this CD gets me there more than a few times.

So the place is almost ready for Curly's plan to come over tomorrow and work on hooking up the hot water. Wiring for the washer and dryer and air conditioner is also part of the plan (though I will not hook up the dryer due to the confined space and the electric bill. I can either drive over to the coin laundry or hang up clothes inside or outdoors. I will hold off on the air conditioner too for now for the same reasons.)

Amidst the challenges of space and time, progress is a good feeling. :)

No comments: