Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Monday Softball Done, On to Other Fun

We did not pull out the win we needed and so our season is over which means softball is done until january for me. I am already experiencing withdrawal lol. No Joke. I celebrated with a suicidal outing to Taco bell followed by three chocolate snacks from Wawa, more calories in one late evening meal than I've had in more than ten weeks. If only I was not so sick with a head and slowly dropping to chest cold, I'd be giggy with sugar highs and decadent mischief. Now to starve myself on nothing but veggies and lean chicken or fish the rest of the week. And some oatmeal. And yogurt. Balance, must maintain balance.

I spent the night updating the table of contents (finally). It was only a year and a half behind. This month's update is already to go and will upload tomorrow night. For easy reference because you can't get enough of my babbling, here are the links added tonight:
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2016
August 2016
September 2016
October 2016

Unfortunately, because Facebook blocked Bugs Webbot (long live Bugs, the Webbot), All of the comments (blah and more blah) for Facebook are gone but many other comments (other blah) are still out there. We are strong, we are invincible, we are Webbot!

Yes, so anyway, we updated the Anemia research and feel all the more certain of impending doom (certainty always makes me feel better... ummmm, I think... lol) so perhaps that is why I stayed up all night updating the TOC. Or maybe it was the constant runny nose post nasal cough keeping me awake. Taco bell, a Long John, a Reeses bar, and a Kit Kat? Stranger things have happened, after all.

The girls (excuse me, ladies) softball championship game was tonight and it was a great one. The underdogs jumped out to a big lead racking up 6 in the first and raising it to a 18-6 lead by the third. The younger higher rated team reached deep and came back to make it 18-16 in the fourth with the help of some errors. Fatigue got to the older team and errors started increasing. The underdogs scored 4 more to lead 22-16 in the top of the fifth and then it was 22-20 by the bottom of the fifth and another error in the sixth made it 22-22 going into the seventh. The younger (and better) team scored the winning run in the bottom of the seventh on two errors, a heartbreaking way to lose after being up so big. At least it was exciting.

We lost on errors after being ahead by a lot because our bats died, mine especially. I went 1 for 3, but killed a first inning rally with a double play grounder. My hitting is just so off at night, it must be the lights and the aging eyes because I still hit great during the day. Everybody went flat after the second inning and the errors started piling up, so we are done and I am not sure we are coming back next season (the usual do they want the old pitcher who's hitting poorly back? questions are kicking around in my head and then for no particular reason, omg, look what I found. I know, unless you want a quick and easy way to create code for tables in your blog (or anywhere), you probably do not understand my excitement. That is ok, I don't understand most people's excitement most of the time. It's a different world in Dubai, after all.

So I am really wonky and should sleep, but I am dripping and coughing and have laundry that needs washing and a room that really needs tidying up and trash to take out and a car to clean and most of all, a job search to continue. Don't strees, please. Stay Calm and Narf!... All alone. Lonely me. Wa Wa Wah. Wait, I already had my Wawa for the reast of the year, so blah blah blah. Somebody somewhere in this infinite universe who I would find dreamy and comfortable must find me irresistibly adorable, I just wish she'd get here already cuz time keeps on ticking ticking ticking into the future, ya know?

Did I mention I watched the TV remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show Thanksgiving evening. No, I didn't think so. See what you are missing?

Make today spectacular. Or at least fun.

Narf :)

No comments: