Monday, November 7, 2016

Not All Here

Welcome home, said The Maharaja. Now all I have to do is get used to the place and not get too sick as this body adjusts to the new environment which presents some outdoorsy semitropical challenges (mold, mildew, fungus, and likely some other stuff). Researching natural oils for skin protections and anti=fungal properties is on my agenda. Also, buying headphones if the two pair I have don't work once I find them so I can listen to TV or music (the bedrooms are in the same end of the house close to each other and The Maharaja keeps relatively normal hours). Anyway, tonight I did a bit of unpacking after putting together the wire shelving, finally.

I actually woke in the morning and there were a couple of calls and texts from the Democratic Party who has now officially moved on the my personal hate list for invading my personal space with unwanted phone calls when I was sleeping and otherwise not wanting unwanted phone calls. You want my support, the first thing you need to do is not piss me off. They failed miserably. Not that the Republicans have a shot as bat-shit crazy as they've become. Politics just proves this country is on it's way down the tube like so many overly greedy empires before it. So I went back to bed to get more than four hours sleep.

I didn't wake up again until 2PM and after a really big poop (remember Ed Sullivan?... say it like Ed), I showered and did some computer stuff. Wrote an email to J and applied for another job (which included updating my resume for the job) and spent a bit of time on Facebook. By then it was time to head to the softball fields. I stopped for a coffee and a slice of pizza on the way because I did not want to go a whole day without eating and the caffeine helped me play better on Friday night so I tried it tonight. It worked. I made solid contact all four at bats, getting on base twice (and the other two balls were caught). No ground balls, no miss-hit balls. It seems that my night time slump has been largely due to fatigue, which includes eye fatigue, and a little food and some caffeine may be the simple cure. I just need to figure the calories into my weight loss program once I get back to my weight loss program. That means bringing some of the right foods into this place (which means a shopping trip to the storage unit and to the store... tomorrow?) so dangit do it and stop just talking about returning to a healthy weight-reducing diet. And exercise more. Where are you, the one trainer?

Ate dinner... no food in the area... repetitive... sleepy...

continue another time...



No comments: