Sunday, December 17, 2017

Against the Universe

Being the most stubborn person I have ever known, I may stay awake all night again in spite of softball practice almost an hour away in the morning, again because the stream of consciousness rising up from my subconscious (or unconscious or somewhere in the brain cells) that has had more distractions and obstacles than thirty old men could shape a hundred sticks at is still flowing and splashing up against my consciousness enough to bring me back here to express something deeper than words could ever express. The rhyme in the previous entry took a stab at it. I wonder if anyone knows me well enough to know if the us in the lyric referred to an individual (and who that individual might be... yesterday was her birthday) or to something beyond an individual. The question is not is there anybody going to listen to my story? The question is... did anyone?

Cheeky or real?

So I started checking email after being away from email for longer than usual and I find almost a hundred messages marked "important" in my primary public Gmail mailbox. I have several other mailboxes I check from time to time and then there's my more private work account that only my adopted family have access to. Anyway, going through the nearly 100 new emails marked important by Google, I find a request to link... well... it went like this:

Quick question… I’m working on a free mental health project focused on educating people about various everyday topics, and I’d like to link to your site; specifically this page http://candoor.blogspot.com/2007/01/

Are you OK with me linking to your site as a reference? There are no associated costs, and none of the content on your site will be copied or spoken of in a negative tone. Please let me know when you have a moment. Thank you.


and my response...

Ummmm, that link opens a whole month of blog entries, the month of January 2007.

Are you Phishing? Spamming? Dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight?

One never knows, do one? :)

Well, sure, link away. If you are for real, send me the link to the page that contains the link that links back to me.

If you have a moment (or longer), tell me why and what and more. Why you linked that month. What are your project goals? Share some details. I am curious and as a person who loves to help others, I hope you are legit and succeed in helping others.

How can I help? :)

hl,
Ric


Should I be suspicious of a request for a link that asks for a page that contains a whole month of my blog posts that are almost eleven years old? Should I go back and read what I wrote? Should you? Would you? Somebody be my editor, proofreader, and literary adviser,
ppplleease!. Publishers are welcome too, oh so welcome... as are all of you. My few readers don't critique my writing much. I would be ever so lonely without them and I appreciate them more than words can say, but there are several positions open in my organization and I'd love to hire you. You can have a percentage of whatever I earn on the words you help put into an income producing form. But way more than income, I want feedback and critique and above all else, honesty. Love and adoration is optional, but more valuable than anything else... in case you did not know that. Apply within.

Those were the days I was getting comments on almost every blog entry from my blog family... getting responses helped me so much... they were so important to me... that are so important to me... I miss you guys so much.

Yeah, so then I see an email inviting me to the Grammy Awards and I find the questions of the ages (or at least one of them) popping into my cranium and bouncing around like a jumping bean inside a ping pong ball... have I become my parents or is it just a matter of taste? This year's Grammy nominees for Album of the Year show me that I do not like popular music of today. Not that I know the albums well, but I don't like anything the five artists produced that I have heard enough to want to buy their work or go out of my way to listen to them. Fame and the crowds never swayed me. Harry Chapin you know the name? Many, if not most do not. How about Dan Fogelberg? You probably have heard of Jackson Browne and the Moody Blues. Some of my favorites almost everyone knows, like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who, Elton, Elvis, or Melissa Etheridge. How about Snow Patrol or Mars Volta? Spill Canvas, Rilo Kiley, Death Cab for Cutie? Dead Can Dance, Apolyptica, Within Temptation, Evanescence? Ever take Broadway show music seriously? I love story songs as much as I love music. I write lyrics, remember?

Remind me, m'ok?

This entry is incomplete, by the way. Speaking of TV excitement (were we?), I wonder if the other networks are doing stuff like this. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no interest in any of the football games CBS is streaming tomorrow (which is today already in this time zone). I really must do laundry tomorrow, really I must. Yet I have softball in all morning and will be exhausted and likely nod off leaving laundry in the washer and dryer. Conundrum. Tomorrow night at the latest, please. Somebody helping would be so sweet right now.

All these distractions, and then I see a message from the hospital saying I have a secure message but the site cannot be reached so I call a number in the email that says call this number if you have technical difficulties to tell them I am having technical difficulties and a tech support guy asks me if I am on campus or home which lead me to believe he things I am staff and this may be a staff helpline. I explain my situation and he asks for a callback number and asks if he can call me back in 15 minutes to a half hour. I say ok (sleep?... right) and we shall see what comes of that. Meanwhile, another message from the hospital says they processed my payment. Apparently they figured out whatever was messed up in their system and hopefully that means they will stop calling me so ask me to pay my bill. I set up auto-pay with them three times and three months in a row they called asking how I would like to pay my bill. Did I mention that they have me down as an occasional smoker in my medical record? The medical industry is so messed up in so many ways.

Did I mention distractions? Well, I'm still here, aren't I? They ain't won yet lol lam lad :)

Everyone I've ever known has told me the same thing
Don't be a fool for love, take care of yourself
All I ever wanted was to share the song I sing
When did all my dreams end up up on a shelf?



When I let people close they run away
Too intense, too much, too something they all say
Too honest is not possible for me
Is everyone afraid of reality?



I used to think I could be stopped before I go too far
But if you still believe it then I don't know who you are
I've died for my beliefs so any times it seems insane
to anyone who lives outside my brain



Where is my bridge over troubled water?
Where is the friend who'd always there?
Family is a word I never understood
I might as well have been made out of wood



Good dreams don't come cheap
you've got to pay for them
If you just dream when you're asleep
there is no way for them
to come alive
to survive

Do you click on the links?
Do you live every word?
Do you read between the lines?
Do you think I am absurd?

Did you ever really wonder what makes the world go round?
Did you ever think that you heard the perfect sound?
Did you ever feel you belong in the lost and found?
Did you ever understand where we are all bound?

Cosmic winds blow through everything
If you only knew their secrets, you'd sing
What if I told you that the universe is all in your mind?
Would you call me crazy, would you call me kind?
Understanding is simply choosing not to be blind

Sometimes I wonder if it's me, if I am the screw up too lazy to step up to the plate, if I am the fool giving up the opportunities I have because I choose not to see them. Sometimes I wonder if that is predetermined and I have no choice. I used to be so much more aware and felt the pain of ever setback and insensitivity. I've become numb. Perhaps not as comfortably as I would like, but way too comfortably for my health.

The secret is so simple
like this song we can sing
the secret is simply sharing everything
because we are part of everything
hiding nothing we become
aware of what we are
part of everything
sharing everything
sharing everything

It started so long ago. A time before I learned how to hide. A time when unconditional trust was as natural as breathing. A time when I believe in the honesty, integrity, kindness, and innocence of the human heart.



and she chose to be blind
and you choose to be blind
I've yet to meet a human being
who doesn't choose to be blind
So sad, so true,
of course you knew
you don't have to know when you're unkind
you just have to choose to be blind






I'm ready to sleep now... unfortunately, it is time to dress and head out to softball practice. Loving life, loving softball, loving all the opportunities I have for fun and social interactions. Just wish someone who share the journey through this life with me.


Never give up, never surrender.

Narf :)












No comments: