Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Walks In Parks (and other strolls)

Someday the technology of the late twentieth century will seem ancient. In fact, some of it already does seem ancient. In fact, flip phones from just a decade ago seem ancient already. The sad joke is how arrogantly so many people (especially men, egos and all) strutted about showing off their "latest tech" or worse, latest model car, as if it was some miracle that made them something special. So many material distractions and ego trips, it's a wonder anyone still appreciates the consistency of nature, but we'll get to that in a few moments.

It's ok. I fell asleep real early (so never mind the time stamped, m'ok?), before dinner even, and thought I woke twice to pee I slept ten hours, at least. Then I woke tired. I kept wanting to fall back to sleep. I pushed snooze ten times. Woke just in time to run out the door and get to work. The body wanted a shower, but it was chilled air and I was running late and blah blah blah. All the lack of sleep nights caught up with me, or something like that.

Another contributing factor was the walk in the park I took about a dozen times today in a dozen different parks. I walked for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles. After days nd days and days of desk sitting work at the computer I decided to drag myself out of the office and wander parks. Fifteen stops (not all parks, two libraries and a couple of other stops, I think). Yup, parks. I focused on the west and southwest parks of the county, map on page 9.

Tomorrow I will take another walk on the East side of the county (more wilderness than the east and southeast).

Anybody wanna join me?

Narf :)

No comments: