Friday, December 15, 2017

Work Week Done

Friday, right, celebrate the end f a work week even though I love my work. I would like more time for myself, so celebrate the time off, time for me. Startling, no doubt. I could be tired, in fact, I am quite tired and could sleep but it's Friday night. So I turn on the Hulu and sit back and watch TV. Yeah, I am watching a lot of TV lately. It is economical. If I do it for another year I will have my car paid off and I will have extra money to move to a better place. Crazy, yes, because I will likely die here if I stay another year and it isn't that inexpensive at all, especially since it is so unhealthy and small. So I finished the first season of Dirk and moved on to new episodes of The Gifted and Blindspot while eating chicken and soup with some mayo in the soup sauce. My belly full but me hungry, and not for food. Would you like to swing on a star?

There was the day. The day was a work Friday and once again full of more desk work and cake, lots of cake. Interacting with people during December easily put on extra weight. A lot of extra weight. It figures I go counting page views for the first time in ages on the day you don't stop by. We must be mind melding somewhere, but be that as it may be or not to be, the day sizzled with excitement. For someone, somewhere, it sizzled with excitement. Remember when we used to summer in Nice?... or was it the Hamptons? I was narfing really good there, or something like that.

You know you're rich when you use seasons as verbs.

The fact of the matter is It matters, really, it matters to me. You, I am writing about you. You matter to me. In the past few days I looked at the page views and noticed the patter of a few visitors each day. I cheer you and thank you and hope you find your time here worthwhile. Yes, someone (or two, even) visit here from time to time (or daily, even) and I wish I could hug you and kiss you and take you home and call you George. If that cartoon reference did not amuse, well, I still want to know who you are and you matter to me very very much more than I can express in words. I promise, I will only stalk you if you want me to.

I am actually a very bad stalker. ADD kicks in and as you might have noticed in the previous entry, I forget my obsessions rather quickly. I am trying not to go out much to save money so I was watching our Hitchhiking heroes dine at the restaurant at the end of the universe for a while and since I spend free time here regularly, I'd really love to know who you are and appreciate you even beyond the end of the next universe.

In case it matters, my days are interesting. Some As I was saying in the brief entries recently, lots of email conversations in the early morning and then, the day before yesterday walking the building for two hours talking to the evacuation monitors to see if they felt ready for tomorrow's evacuation exercise and most said they were quite ready. Ironically, the monitors in my hallways did not even read the emails I'd been sending out for months. The closer I am to my boss, the more he takes over and the less respect I get. I suppose he misses doing what I do and interacting the way I interact because he is always interjecting himself when he should be letting people get used to seeing me in the role he hired me to do.

Anyway, then it was time for the department holiday party which was catered by Chipotle (which was a huge disappointment because they said it was to be Fuel which is some of the best barbecue in the area, but they went with fast food and definitely didn't get enough veggies to satisfy everyone, especially not me) which was fun. After that I spent two hours resolving the confusion for the evacuation monitors in my own hallway. Then, final check of email and here we are then came the next day.

Yesterday was a ordinarily extraordinary day of work at work. Except there was the first evacuation exercise in several years and it went off without a hitch. Almost. Everyone was very pleased, or so they said. Even the boss. Thanks you's came from all over the building for my organization and training that saved them all from the imaginary fire. Then... more paperwork. Exciting, right? Lunch was leftovers from yesterday's party including decadent cake. Arriving back here, I promptly was hungry in spite of a full bulging belly and all the food and calories put in this body today. I ate a can of vegetable soup without the potatoes and some chocolate. Then watched the last episode of Hicthhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, TV version. Six by Nine. Get it?

Then came today, Friday, remember?

I believe I've given you the low down on today already. Another work day like so many others, just indoors. More TV. After finishing Hitchhiker's Guide I watched the first season of Dirk Gently and look forward to the second. Then, didn't I already tell you? Maybe you were paying attention but apparently I wasn't. Orville and then Blindspot and then the second season of Touch. I would love to have someone to talk to about all these shows I am watching. I mean, you don't have to become part of the show and imagine it as real life during our conversation, it can be light and fluffy and normal. I don't expect you to be touched or gifted, after all.

I do hope you have a sense of humor that is laughing at the moment.

Last entry was a lot heavier and creative, wasn't it?

Or was that the one before the last.

Whatever.

Unless it matters.

There's always hope.

Narf :)



No comments: