Saturday, December 30, 2017

Didn't Go Shopping

I don't know why I am avoiding going shopping, maybe. I might know, but maybe. I don't want to spend money, true. I don't want to wander around stores, true. I don't want to pick the wrong thing, true. I don't want to give up my writing time, my me time, true. Reasons, reasons, I've got reasons. So now I am stuck with the deadline of whenever stores close tomorrow. Which means I must call to find out when I wake up. Which means I may have to give away my me time tomorrow. Which means... whatever.

I did, on the other hand, go to the lobster feast (this one). Oh, the yum.

Ok, it's a place that definitely puts quantity over quality, but the quality is not bad, just not top of the line. That is how they can serve as many lobsters and snow crab legs and dozens of other sea food and prime rib and other dishes as a person can eat. I think I had four lobsters, maybe five, and at least six claws, and at least a pound of snow crab legs. Fried clams and shrimp and crab cakes and scallop & shrimp cheese stuff and smoked salmon and shrimp salad and baked muscles and several kinds of fish cooked several kinds of ways and so much more. They also have prime rib and barbecued ribs and again, more. heir soups have gone downhill. They used to have some of the best desserts as well, but they've cut those out and have pretty mediocre desserts now. When wages stagnate for decades, people can't afford higher prices so to keep prices within reach, they have to cut corners. It is the nature of our oligarchical culture.

Still, The lobsters and snow crabs are worth it, I think, even if they are not top quality. I'll have to try to figure that out though, cost benefit stuff, one of these days. The local Chinese buffets have snow crabs for an added cost. I've never tried it, but it might be time to try. Then again, I really should stop spending money on everything until I find another place to live and work the cost into the monthly income.

I am thankful for Helen because I probably would not go to dinner out s much or to as many places if she was not so into eating out. I do go to places myself, but I probably would not go as much. Maybe. Then again, I did when I was isolating myself. Even when I wasn't working. Live in the moment, enjoy what you enjoy. I enjoy food. But it is a much more enjoyable shared with someone who shares the love of food.

Are you as fascinated by my amazing life as you are?

Feel free to join in anytime.

Narf :)




No comments: