Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Afternoon

Yes it is. My afternoon. I finally have football I can watch and I am reluctant to head out early to shop for presents because I want to enjoy a relaxing afternoon with football on the TV and the computer on my lap and words flowing and browsing the web offering interesting thoughts. Just as I write this, the internet is locking up. The laptop goes black screen. What the fuck? So I refresh and log in again three times and after a few seconds, lock up again. The laptop? So I restart the laptop. I suspect Spectrum, a company shocking me by being much worse than Brighthouse, a company that was terrible, is limiting bandwidth so a full game may not be steamed on the Spectrum network. They suck.

The stream is still locking up after the reboot so it is Spectrum. If I was paying for it I would be on the phone asking them for a refund because I am not getting the service I pay for when I want to use it. The commercials seem to flow along without much stoppage. Maybe it was a temporary glitch and it will work itself out. There's always hope. Spectrum is price gouging because they have a monopoly just as Bell Telephone did until the government caught up with the new technology and realized they were breaking anti-trust laws. The current government will not likely go after any businesses these days.

Meanwhile I read reviews about a new movie called Hostiles and am sad that our culture keeps revisiting war and genocide as if there is some good reason to continue debating the right and wrong of all the killing and destruction. So many war movies and re-writing of violent episodes in human history. Humans seem intent on justifying their self-destructive ways. I want no part of it and for the most part, no part of them.

A comment stated that there "was never a plan by the US government to annihilate all natives" and "Natives were not always peace loving tribes." as if that justified the genocide. I felt a response.

Never a plan by the US government to annihilate all natives? I guess it just happened without a plan. Not always civilized peace loving tribes? What about the ones who were?

Plan or not, any justification of what happened to a people who lived on this continent for 10,000 years is blind to the fact that it was their home and invaders took it from them. A people, their homes, and their culture almost completely wiped off the face of this planet except for what the winners write about history is fact.

Colonialism left natives all over the world with few choices. Convert, submit, or die.


The second half offered no reason to be impressed by wide receiver Cooks. He does not show effort or heart. The last game of the season, probably a sure win, don't want to get hurt, blah blah blah. Maybe. I wont write him off, but I have no evidence to believe he's a player I will want to watch, no less cheer. CBS put up a score showing Pittsburgh and Cleveland tied. Were they ever tied? When they switched to the game Pittsburgh was ahead 28-24. Did they have 29-28 up there and have a Cleveland TD called back? Why have the extra point up then? Sad sports reporting, CBS.

The number of commercials when watching the NFL allows so much room for web browsing and writing. I couldn't just watch the NFL on TV if I didn't enjoy browsing and writing while the game was on. TV is usually only background entertainment for me, but the number of commercials is ridiculous. The ratings are probably so wrong because I can't believe people actually pay attention (view) TV consistently. Or maybe that is why humans are so addicted to consumerism.

And Cleveland becomes the only the second 0-16 team in NFL history.

I suppose I should consider heading out to shop a bit and then get to Sarducci's house for his New Year's Even party and Christmas sticking stuffer gift exchange. Be social. If only new people would be invited so I might meet someone I might be interested in doing more with more often. Fall in love? Some dreams never die. I'd very much be happy with someone with a similar mindset, if such a human exists.

Anyone reading this blog would probably not want to be my friend. I suppose the writing has the opposite result of the secondary goal, which is inviting new interactions with the hope of finding friends. For better or worse, the first goal is the express myself, amuse myself, and sort through all the stuff entering my mind through my senses and leaving all the negativity out here in words so the childinside can continue skipping along happy as can be. It works for me on the most important levels. If only someone understood.

Anyway, I shall head out in a few so this may be my last post for 2017. Happy New Year.

Make it a good night and an even better ear.

Narf :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, its fastidious piece of writing regarding
media print, we all understand media is a fantastic source of information.

candoor said...

Ummmm, ok, yup, loved print media before the internet for the word it lets me share and the words it let me read. I love the internet for the same reason. Thanks? :)

Make your day smile :)