Sunday, April 17, 2016

After Softball

It seems that, at least since the move (from living with Jackson to living by myself), my social life has slowed to a point where I am playing cards three nights a week, playing softball three nights a week, and playing softball two days a week. I am not in the mood for parties, especially not by myself, so I skip them routinely. In fact tonight was the Sunday softball show (each season (or year) people dress up and put on a show and they vote and the best performance wins a prize. I nodded off when I got home and so I am missing the show going on right now). I hope our team wins as there is money involved that can pay for tournaments.

Anyway, my "free time" is Monday through Friday days because there is no job responsibility and that means that only a Monday through Friday job will fit my current schedule. Of course any of the social/recreational activities can be changes, though stopping softball for any current time frame means upsetting and possibly losing a team and I will avoid that as much as possible. The cards can be missed now and then as there are usually other players, though lately Thursday and Saturday night it appears to be just four most of the time.

Ultimately this recently started social schedule leaves no room for much of anything else. Not having a TV, though I miss some shows (less and less as the weeks pass), it is not much of an issue that this schedule leaves no room for TV time (unless I would watch after midnight or later which would mean giving up sleep, especially once I start working again. I do not get enough sleep as it is. In fact, at the moment, I am nodding off and the past few days I have been ready to nod off shortly after sitting down at the computer. I suppose that with exercise increasing, even the little bit it is increasing (hope for more soon, right?) means the body needs more sleep and more importantly, a more consistent sleep pattern. Not to mention a healthier more balanced diet.

I suppose Chef Boyardee Spaghetti & Meatballs straight from the can does not quite qualify as the a healthier more balanced diet, but, alas, that is the food life for the moment until the sink is installed. Even after that I prefer cool food as opposed to hot food when there is no air conditioning, especially as the weather gets warmer. They don't make salad in a can as far as I know (well, there is the salad in a jar concept, but that requires prep space and prep space is lacking here for the moment, hense the simplicity of eating out of cans), but veggies come canned and even though raw and unprocessed foods would most likely be healthier, at least I could add balance by opening a can of veggies each time I open a can of pasta.

Meanwhile, what magical events and tomfoolery happened in the daily life today? Yes, well, maybe not magical but plenty of foolerly, even if no one named Tom was around. I played three games today, almost four. My primary Sunday team won a double header in the morning and another team asked me to fill in at pitcher in the afternoon. I played really well today, making only one out all day and that was a sacrifice fly scoring a run. I got at least ten hits. I really felt in control of the bat and was running the bases well. I also fielded my position well, no errors. The team I filled in for won as well. While I love playing regardless of whether we win or lose, the goal is to win and tt is good to succeed.

Other than playing softball, I watched a bit with others and also spend some time with the ratings committee observing players playing and discussing ratings. I had a consession stand cheeseburger for lunch because hunger was growing and I knew I had another game in the afternoon. After the softball day concluded, I drove home and ate yummy canned food and also yummy bulk food (did I mention I found a bulk food store?). Dried papaya, sunflower seeds, and chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie dough. Yup, a dessert full of yumminess.

So that was the Sunday softball summary for this week.

It's your turn :)

No comments: