Saturday, April 2, 2016

Slump No More?

Well, one game does not break a slump but last night I saw the ball better than I have in some time and I went three for three with a clean double (no errors). It might have been a triple in my younger years or against a Sunday team, but Friday nights are upper level teams so a double is pretty darn good for the old guy. Sleep this week helps. Less baggage helped. believing I had a hot shower at home probably helped too. Less stress, less distraction, more focus, more confidence. We lost, as usual, but with my hitting better we scored 15 runs and lost 21-15. The got 18 runs in the first two innings, more than half on errors, so I also felt better pitching after the first two innings. I may just be coming out of the dumpster right on time as tomorrow is the playoffs for the Saturday league and Sunday is a double header first thing in the morning.

Still must get to batting cages. And start some serious exercise.

During the day, I slept late and Curly came over about 2pm to work on the plumbing. I thought we ought to start earlier in the day on another day especially since the people in the other apartments could be home early on Fridays and he left most of the right tools he needed to get the job done efficiently at his house (he though they were here), but he was determined to get it done this week and I dearly appreciate him for that. He said he should be done by 5 but even with my help he was still working at 7:15pm when I had to leave for softball.

He was done and home by the time the game was over so I went out to our usual Friday night place for food (yes, I spent $20 for a meal again. I did not get to eat before before I was helping Curly and I woke late so I had not eatnen all day and I wanted som social contact because if I headed home I'd be depressed eating alone in the little box again so I ignored the pending budgetary doom and ate with friends. Eat for less, yes. I ate half of a friend's cheese platter and was still hungry when I got home and made a sandwich. Eat earlier in the day, yes. and exercise. and batting cages. yup yup yup). So softball and dinner was fun :)

One the way home I did not stop for snacks, so there is a good decision. I had one half of a long john left over so that might have helped. I am definitely depending on food for emotional lifts more than I usually do and probably not doing my heart any good, alas. I don't want to die. I don't want to slip into depression either. Must balance. Healthy soups? Soups have a ton of salt, I know, but there is no cooling fresh food here. Buy salads when eating out and bring home ready made salads? Seems so expensive to do that, but health is important. Yeah, the discussion continues in the head.

I've cut down expenses and calories before, so I know it's not impossible. Just stubborn. And working through, processing, dealing with the darkness all around me. Maybe I should let Curly patch all the walls and ceiling and wires and make the place look less like a storage garage and more like an apartment like he has been asking. I've been resisting because I do not want more concrete and plaster dust on everything than there already is. My hands and skin are getting so dried out it's moving beyond uncomfortable. I need to get some carpet and rugs down so I am not on the bare concrete as much. I've been waiting for the pumbling and electric to be done before I actually open more boxes and settle in better and that is another aspect of the cluttered disarry effecting my affect.

But good hitting, good pitching after the second inning, and maybe a hot shower tomorrow. I am nodding off now and do not want to scrub the tiles and floor and test the pipes and fixtures tonight so I'll just roll over and fall asleep now. Hope your life is fun too :)

Nite Nite :)

No comments: