Saturday, April 9, 2016

Facebook Got Old

In case it matters, I am losing interest in Facebook. It was fun for a while as I was creating pages as repositories for lots of the things I was finding and reading, but now that most of the pages are blocked because my account was blocked because I have been known on Facebook by an online name since I got there and they have a new rule about using legal names only and they somehow flagged me probably because someone did not like something I wrote about Hillary Clinton. I've noticed a whole lot of censorship going on from the Clinton followers and DNC and it is weird to experience it personally. She just about lost any chance of getting my vote, but that's another story.

Most of my thousands of friends are gone as I don't have time to find them all and send them individual messages explaining who I am and why the account was blocked. Many do not allow contact from strangers so poof, I disappeared overnight without a trace (unless you take a lot of time to do some detective-work searching for Bugs Webbot, though the original page with so many personal photos and notes and messages are not available without sending Facebook a copy of my legal identification as if I would send a copy of my driver's license or passport or bank statement (you would not believe what they ask for) to their cloud. They won't even identify an actual person I can send it to, just upload it and blindly trust it will somehow be protected information. Facebook is Big Brother.

It's not identify theft when you give it away. Welcome to the Brave New World. Read On.


The pages I was creating (with others, so maybe they will keep a few going) were in their infancy but they were inspiring, reflecting, nocturnal, stimulating, amusing, and musical, stuff. I also collected articles and videos about life, social, national, awful, questionable, political, religious and various other topics I thought worth saving and sharing. In my odd way I was trying to help us survive. As I said, Bugs Webbot was my Facebook name for almost ten years. Thousands of people, communications, posts, and personal and fun photos others tagged me in are out of reach now. Losing personal photos and contact with friends hurts the most. It feels like a violation of privacy and very unfair. Feel free to start a movement to end the injustice and let Big Brother know we are mad as hell and will not take it anymore. Or just say hi. Ideas are welcome. So are friends, old and new.

No comments: