Monday, April 25, 2016

It Sure was Sun-day

Yes it was hot today as the sun was blazing down and I was out there for hours on end (nine hours out there today, eleven hours out there yesterday). The fields are some of the best in town but there is very little shade (like many fields, they don't invest in shade cover because it's expensive and usually does not last long due to weather... there is probably some liability issue too that raises insurance rates). So fatigue reached exhaustion by the evening, but it was wonderful to be outdoors playing ball and hanging out with more people becoming friends.

Just as great for the team is that we won both critical games today. In spite of my badly bruised pitching arm, I pitched so well that I gave up just one run to the undefeated team that's been averaging more than 16 runs a game while averaging giving up just 4 runs a game. We beat them 8-1. Their one runner on that got around the bases needed three separate errors on three separate plays to score. I was in complete control of their batters which was a great feeling especially since I am the only one in the league able to do that. I also went 3 for 4 with a double (my last out was a long fly to right and I was at a point want to run). The team played well and the best thing about it is the defense toughtened up, though most of the balls were not hard plays. They still have a ways to go before they are World Series ready, but I think we are ready to learn what that level of play is like if we make it. Excellent softball day.

After softball I grabbed food at Arby's (yes, more fast food.... I've eaten more fast food in the past eight weeks since I've been living by myself without a kitchen than I ate all last year... burp, bloat, blah) and it did not take long to nod off in the reclinerbefore I headed to bed. Once I hit the bed I slept ten hours with just two bathroom breaks.

An excellent weekend recovering from the downbeat of last week and now, let my spirit stay high so I can let my body recover from the weekend. Life is good, even alone. :)

No comments: