Friday, April 29, 2016

Family, Friends, and Fun

As I may have started to say in that brief version of life, in case it matters, family, for me, has always been some sort of financial bond. That is all I learned it could be from the people who adopted me. Uncertainty (or is that uncertainly, nyuk nyuk, oh, wise guy, aye?... hey Moe, hey Moe... why I oughta... but alas, the sound is broken on this laptop and I hear no more so who knows if the song linked actually fits what I mean to say... the shadow?) was overcome by stubbornness and it could be explained in years of therapy or in just a few moments in person if you are interested enough (and you'd have to find a way to convince me cuz I don't believe anyone is), but for now let's just say the rock doesn't fall far from the tree it's thrown at and an apple a day has nothing to do with doctors. Listen a while and you may be enlightened or find an enigmatic fool playing the part of an egocentric know-it-all. Batteries not included.

So I have been paying for Precious' phone for a decade or more. That's a bunch of money, I suppose. $50 a month for 120+ months, but who's counting. In the last few years I just considered it a birthday and holiday gift. Given that I am without income at the moment, I figured it was time to ask her to start paying for her phone and she has a better job these days so she says she can without a struggle. Yay. We went to the phone store and changed out the SIM card in her phone because her old phone was cracked and a friend gave her an iPhone 5 to use which is actually an upgrade from her iPhone 4. Hey, she's been poor too, don't judge us. My phone is more than five years old. Hey, it was cutting edge hot stuff (quote the review at the time):

While there's competition coming right around the corner, this is the best phone on AT&T, and the first phone I've used that is a true competitor to the iPhone for the average consumer. It's no "iPhone killer", because that doesn't exist. But it's easy to use, looks great, is well built and provides a great user experience -- some things we don't always see with other phones. I've enjoyed my time with it (something that isn't always true) and would recommend it to anyone who was comfortable with the size, and knows they will be able to use a charger when they need to.

HTC has done this one right.

Yeah, baby, the old girl was hot. But I digress. Naturally. We took care of her phone needs and I did not take her to dinner (I usually do) because I am not gonna spend money the way I usually do. It was great to see her though and we will get together more often, hopefully not just so she can give me her phone payments. She doesn't have a car at the moment so I have to drive to her, 45-50 minutes and longer if there is traffic, but she's about 15 minutes from Curly and I am at his place at least once a week so it should work out. If I have not introduced her, Precious is Rasputin's daughter (I probably didn't introduce him either... you can find both of them two blogs back as I've known Rasputin for about sixteen years and he moved in to my first apartment after I moved back to Orlando after my first roommate moved out and Precious moved in when she was about 12 cuz her mom was having financial issues and stress... I adopted her as I am apt to do and after Rasputin moved out of state during her college years {which is another long story you'll find in the old blogs} I continued looking out for her and as I mentioned, have been paying for her phone for years until today... Yay Precious, you're doing well).

I'll get a new phone when I find income again. So after dropping Precious home (which is another long story because she is living across the hall from my first apartment when I moved back to Orlando, yes, the one Rasputin moved into back in 2002 or so. I lived there about seven years and ran in the park behind the apartment almost every day. I lived in three apartments in that community because we moved into a three bedroom when Precious moved in and then had to move after the 2004 Hurricane season when Charlie about took the roof off. Tennis, swimming, the gym, and running were a regular part of life while living there. It was truly a beautiful place to live because of the park out behind the community that was park of a 22 mile nature trail that runs through the country. The memories were flooding back and while sadness over how far I've allowed this body to slide down the aging path was slapping me in the face harder than the cool breeze blew the wonderful memories of the fresh foliage into my nose, sigh, what a drag it is getting on), I headed to Curly's to pick him up.

At Curly's I had a hot dog and sausage (breakfast) and then we headed to Excel and the Commodore's place for what has become out Thursday night Bridge game. Excel made pepper steak, veggies, and rice. Yummy with some added seasoning (she doesn't add a lot because she has a son and young daughter and her daughter is a picky eater). After dinner we played five or six rounds of Bridge and although I was a bit wonky at first, I ended up winning the night. The Commodore said my beginner status has been revoked lol. I suppose that means I will not be asking as many questions as I do. If we were playing at a club, all the table talk I do would not be permitted but we are playing for fun and they are teaching me the game (and there is so much to learn) so they tolerate me. We have fun and they seem to enjoy teaching me the game. Commodore pushed me to six diamonds and I made my second Slam tonight. I think it was my second, it may have been my first and the hand I am remembering might have been five. Anyway, it was fun and he was happy he pushed me to go for a Slam.

We broke up around midnight and I drove Curly home and then headed back here. Used a lot of gas today, but then, I live here for cost free and they feed me regularly so the least I can do is drive. Curly is coming by here to do some work at his mother's house and then level out some mulch piles that were delivered today. I hope to wake to help and so we can work out the plan for the backyard. To wake, however, I really ought to get some sleep. Three cans of Code Red tonight was not a wise move. 510 calories the body certainly did not need. Not to mention well over a hundred grams of sugar. Stupid, from a health and weight perspective. But the taste buds love me. Maybe that's what should be carved on my tombstone (or ern), His Taste Buds Loved Him lol lam, sigh. There is some other reading out there as my dream of finding someone who wants to walk my written gardens with me is alive and well, not to mention my dream of finding someone who wants to share more, life, even, and someone who might even be the one (the hopelessly hopeful romantic lives!) in spite of all the evidence that she may not actually exist outside of my head.

Isn't this a babbly entry. Well, the dirt, drama, and details does live up to it's title now and then. How much more would you like to know about me? Feel free to discuss that with yourself and let me know. :)

As ET said, Be Good. :)

No comments: