Saturday, April 16, 2016

Errands and Stuff

So after walling asleep around sunrise or so once again, I woke and headed out to meet Jane for lunch. I showered and re-wrapped my foot and it is healing ok, but it's a wide gash and did not look pretty. No pain, so I should have no nissue playing softball this weekend. Jane chose TooJays for lunch and yum yum, though a bit disappointing. I tossed between the Rueben and white fish salad and decided on the white fish and instead of salad I got a piece of white fish. I kept it because that is a serious treat, but it was dry and that makes it hard to de-bone so it was a chore to eat and not much to it. Alas, more money spent on food and usually much deliciousness, but a bummer.

It was good to see Jane though. Also good to get phone money from her. We caught up on life since we had not seen each other in a month or more. Much change happened for me so I did much of the talking because she wanted to know (that's what friends do, right?). She told me her news (traveling, work, kids, new boyfriend, and so on). We walked around a while and then she went home to grade papers (she's a professor at a local college) and get ready for her trip to Boston (where her daughter goes to school). I gave Curly a call.

Curly came out to wander around with me. Jane had found a bulk food store in the same outdoor mall area as TooJays and I went to check it out. I just about wandered every isle reading labels when Curly got there and I wandered back around with him, this time filling some bags with foods. Pistachio Nuts, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Papaya, Dried Pineapple, Chocolate covered Walnuts, Chocolate covered chocolaye chip cookie dough balls, Chocolate covered peanut putter filled pretzle nuggets, chocolate covered cherries, mustard pretzles bites, sweet potato chips, broken Kit Kats (candy manufactures sell briken candies in bluk to bulk stores), onione dip mix, all yummies and some even healthy.

After that we went to Odd Lot (like I need to shop more) and I bought more stuff. A headband flashlight so I no longer stagger in the dark from my car to the front door when I come back here at night. Little containers for all the bulk bags of goodies we bought. A few other things I forget at the moment. Then we went back to his house explored our treasures and repackaged them into the containers for safer and fresher storage. It was dinner time by then and we decided to go to the Thai restaurant near his place and it was seriously excellent food. A six jumbo prawn appetizer, seafood soup, cucumber salad, and an entre all for $25 each. Definitely want to go there again.

The budget? What budget? Stop stressing, the anxiety attack will not help. I can be stupid if I wanna.

We headed to his place and played games. Excel and the Commodore came by ater in the evening after the play they went to let out. We played more games, shared some of our snacking goodness, and then it was homeward bound. Once home I wandered on the computer and caught up a bit on Facebook and did the usual babbling and distracting and wishing for someone to share life with and dancing in the dark.

We are having fun, right? lol :)

No comments: