Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Waltzing the Web

As I almost mentioned in less detail, in case it matters, I spent most of the night wandering the web reading articles about the world and politics and whatever caught my eye and I was took a nap from about 7am to about 8:45am when I woke and headed out to Curly's to start day two of the promised two day task of being his helper on lawn and yard work on properties he and his family own. I called to wake him while on my way and after I got to his place we headed out to do three lawns. Maybe we took down the tree today and not yesterday as the recaps are getting confusing because I avoided any writing during the episode of avoidance casually named the four day dalliance which may or may not be explained in more concrete and meaningful detail in some future entry.

The body was far from recovered from the previous day and still recovering from the Softball (Monday and Tuesday are my recovery days) and by the end of the day I was so exhausted I was in a euphoric stupor. I recall that I napped for a couple of hours after showering at Curly's place. I don't recall how I did at cards, but I recall a lot of laughter, some yummy food and Code Red giggles, and much fun. Excel picked up chinese food and we played Hearts and Oh Hell and ended earlier than usual (we usually end around midnight or a bit after but I think we ended about 11. I headed home.

I got home as April 5th became April 6th and the best laid plans were neatly avoided with Facebook and the internet until I fell asleep (too many hours later) thinking I would come to myself whenever I woke and continue the dive into the depths I was due (and perhaps throw a party). I did put on Elton John's self-titled CD and this came out:

Ok, so here we are
didn't really think we would get this far
sixty years on

it's a little bit funny...

That's when the dalliance continued into it's third day (or was it the second day?... are we really counting, I mean, is anybody really paying attention? I laughed when I wrote maybe the details will make more sense (remember?) because the details are usually so meanderingly full of parenthetic asides and distracting humours that I'd be shocked if anyone ever made it through it all, no less made sense of all this and all that which came before (which is still but a fraction of all the babbles in storage and lost along the way). Still, I continue to extol the virtues of the premise that there is always hope so here we are again my friends in the show that never ends.

Careful, you might actually find me in all this.

No comments: