Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Daring Fate?

As I avoided saying, in case it matters, besides falling back into the not sleeping aty night habit, there are these two days promised to help Curly with his yard work. What he forgot to mention was that one of the yards had a tree that needed to be taken down. He remembered it as a small tree. It was far from a small tree. In fact, he could not finished cutting through the base of the truck with the chain saw he brought. He did the cutting and I did the lifting and carrying. His arms ached from running the chain saw. My body ached from carrying a tree about forty feet in about fifty trips. Maybe more. By the end of the morning the tree was neatly stacked on the curb for the pick up that the city does (thank goodness for that) and the arms and shoulders were numb. The back sore and the legs tired, but otherwise, exactly what the doctor ordered. I've been telling myself (and probably anyone who will listen) that I need to exercise more and work my muscles more and that is exactly what I did today. Unexpected as it was, it was right on time.

The body may be daring fate (or age) to take it down, but until the end of life I shall continue to strive to give this body the work out it deserves (needs?) to keep it as strong and active and productive and performing as well as possible. We did lawns as well, easy ones, but still there was little left in the muscles by the time the day was done. Lactic Acid had taken over and called a recess.

The evening and night was filled with Facebook distraction as I did not even think of anything that I might not have wanted to think about. I believe I fell asleep around 7pm and woke about 1am and was up the rest of the night which made tomorrow even more challenging, but we wouldn't want to get ahead of ourselves (at least not too far), now would we?

Avoiding the depths and daring fate is an art form, after all.

No comments: